Advice for 13b 93 RX7 Rebuild

Stompz

So it's time to rebuild the 13b in my 1993 RX7 R1. (Pics of the car are in The Oven still) It still has decent compression but lately it's been having some more serious problems. There's definitely a coolant seal leaking as I get some smoke on cold starts. Saturday when I went to take it out, it started on only 1 rotor. That tossed up some red flags.

Before anyone even posts it, I will not be doing a LSx swap. Or any swap for that matter. This will stay a 13bTT for the time being as I don't have the funds to switch to anything else right now. (I also don't want to, 20b maybe but I don't got that cash laying around)

Anyway...

If you are an FD owner, know an FD owner or are a rotary head I'd like to hear your advice.

What I want to know is what did you find out during/after your rebuild that you wished you could change, redo properly or improve?

Decided not to change a gasket then it failed? Coolant line failed? Torqued that bolt too much or too little? These are just some examples.

I don't want to make this thread a build thread for my car or anyone else, just what you learned during your rebuild.

I have already talked to KD-93R1. He has been extremely knowledgeable and helpful. But thank you for the suggestion.

I will be going with a street port and RA Classic seals. I intend on keeping my twins for the near future. A single swap could be in the works but it's a few years out. I'd like to be at approximately 350hp. It isn't my daily driver but I want that kind of reliability. I think I have my rebuild list all figured out, but I'm open to suggestions. If people are interested, I can post it, but no one likes reading a huge post.

Specifically I was looking for anything anyone found to be an annoying fix following a rebuild. Something they wish they had done during it. If no one has, that's cool, this was also a cheap ploy to figure out who had or was interested in FDs. :)

I'm trying to get some useful comments outside of "LS1 or go home". If anyone can find me an LS1 and someone that's knows how to do it for under $5k I'd consider it. Otherwise, keep your V8. Something about the rumble of a V8 coming out of an FD doesn't seem right to me. I know they're great swaps, great reliability and tons of power. But...no. I'll keep my brapbrap.

i would say do a streetport and let the engine breath a little. get some bigger injectors in the secondaries if you dont already. Rebuild it now before you do something to damage the engine later. At least when you take it apart you will know if you can reuse the irons or housings. rotors would prob be fine. Do a couple of oil modifications and make the twins non seq.

intake, 3" turbo back exhaust, fuel pump. (walbro or denso)