HTC Dinc help needed, quickly

RedRocket1647545505

I'm not sure what's going on with this thing. I had it outside, streaming some Pandora and got a phone call. Went to answer phone, but the screen went black and the phone turned off. Go to turn it back on and all I get is the 'HTC Incredible' screen to flicker. So I'm thinking, severely dead battery.

Plug phone into charger (USB only, because I can't seem to find my A/C adapter), and the amber charging LED is blinking. After a few minutes, the light goes solid amber. Leave it charging for ~30 minutes and attempt to turn it on. Phone just vibrates for a 1/2 sec, the 'HTC Incredible' boot screen flickers on, then the phone goes blank for ~5sec, before doing the same thing over and over.

Any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it relatively quickly. I'm on-call for work this evening and this is the only way they have to get a hold of me. FML.

My first thought is that it started to get too hot and shut off. Flashing amber verifies this. Charging it is probably not helping it to cool down. Let it cool down for a while off the charger, see if that helps.

I'm not an expert and someone else will pipe up here in a moment, but try pulling the battery and leaving it out for a minute, then try to restart it. Its worth a shot.

Normally if a battery pull doesn't fix the problem then it's something that will require it being sent in.

If you drained the battery until it died that might be the problem. My moto droid 1 was the same way. Some engineer thought it was cute to have the phone turn on when you plug it in. Problem with that is if the battery is completely dead there isn't enough juice left to turn on the phone. So it turns on for a few seconds, then dies, then sees it is plugged into power, then rinse and repeat. You are just going to have to wait until there is enough power in the battery to boot the phone fully. I highly suggest you do this with the AC charger. The USB charger takes longer.