Camry again..

im faster

OKay so its a 1995..

It was having a non starting issue

so i replaced the Fuel pump.

That didnt help. it stalled again towed to my old roomates parents..

today i had AAA tow it here it came on a flatbed..

now it wont go into drive, 2 or low

however reverse works fine.

When it stalled it it had no transmission problems..

Did you check for fuel pressure before you started throwing parts at it?

I am going to "guess" it's a PCM issue. I had a "simple" no start issue that turned out to be the PCM on the MR2 several years ago. Sounds like you need to sit down with a wiring diagram and actually diagnose the problem instead of relying on the internet for a "best sounding answer" to throw a part at it and have it not work out.

I am going to "guess" it's a PCM issue.

That was my guess as well, especially with the transmission randomly acting up out of nowhere.

Might want to look into purchasing a factory service manual (like from Toyota) and following some of the diagnostic trees (i've purchased one for every vehicle I've ever owned). While they cost a fair amount of $$ (like $100+) they often will save you a ton in the long run, especially if you plan on keeping the car for a while

Edited by acklac7

Well the issue is it always runs when i have it.. so i can t do any trouble shooting on a running car ya know?

Alot of times service manuals will call for you to check relays/connections for certain voltage/resistance, often times if the readings you get are out of spec X component is faulty and needs to be replaced - running or not. Furthermore they will often will separate problems by occurrence, I.E. intermittent,permanent, etc. then steer you in the right direction based on the failure conditions you are experiencing. As crossle said without a wiring diagram/diagnostic tree it's anyone's best guess...

Edited by acklac7

Might be a crankshaft position sensor too now that I think about it.

Another thing to add is its usually best to update your original post rather then make a new one when trouble shooting the same problem. It adds a chronological element that can be extremely helpful when trouble shooting a problem.

Well the issue is it always runs when i have it.. so i can t do any trouble shooting on a running car ya know?

Its not my car its my old roommates.

That certainly makes it tough have you tried pulling trouble codes? Being 1995 you will probably have to jump 2 pins in the diagnostic connector and count the engine light flashes. Hop online and see if there is a write up. I don't have time to post a how to right this second, but if you can pull the codes and post the numbers up here I could tell you what they are real quick, or a number of other people have access to that information.

If the crankshaft position sensor or another key TDC related sensor is intermittantly having a issue it may/should throw a code for it. Thus pointing you in a direction.