Bar Crawl Bicycle

zeitgeist57

Driving under the influence. I assume it would be a similar senario if you got pulled over, were sober, were driving your car, and a passenger was drinking a beer. The guy driving the bike is the one who steers it

So if your wife steers while you are drunk and operating the gas and brake your safe?

It would be a stretch and I assume you would have to do something to piss the cop off BUT, there is precedent.

Bike DUI Columbus, Ohio

Bike DUI Illinois

Bike DUI New Jersey

"Operate" has a different definition than actually driving down the road. It includes being in control of a vehicle even if parked and not running at the time of the offense. If one is in the driver's location of a stationary vehicle and has the keys close at hand so as to be capable to put the vehicle in motion, it would be considered "operation" and thereby an offense in Ohio. Many cases in Ohio have dealt with various aspects of whether the vehicle was on private property, actually moving, driver actually in driver's seat, keys actually in the ignition and other aspects of operation. A new addition to the code will make actual physical control of the vehicle an offense where normal DUI penalties and punishments apply.

"Vehicle" is also broader than the limited application to a car. It includes a motorcycle or bicycle or any device that is moved by power other than human power. Courts have determined that a mounted bicycle, golf cart, tractor, riding lawnmower and other devices are included in the definition of "vehicle". Obviously motorized wheelchairs are excluded. It should be noted here that there are separate code sections for the operation or physical control of watercraft under the influence and it has its own set of definitions.

BTW, it's not longer called a DUI... it's OVI(Operating a Vehicle Impaired). Any officer having a bad day could be a dick and stick everyone on that mobile bar with the charge. You don't have to be physically steering the car, but simply sitting in the stool and pedaling could be considered operation. I've even understood from my past lawyer that even the simple INTENT to operate a vehicle while being impaired, can get you an OVI.

BTW, it's not longer called a DUI... it's OVI(Operating a Vehicle Impaired). Any officer having a bad day could be a dick and stick everyone on that mobile bar with the charge. You don't have to be physically steering the car, but simply sitting in the stool and pedaling could be considered operation. I've even understood from my past lawyer that even the simple INTENT to operate a vehicle while being impaired, can get you an OVI.

This is true. Sitting in your car, drunk, with the keys around, car not running could get you an OVI.

This unique vehicle is powered by pedals located at the feet of each of the ten barstools located down the left and right sides. There are additional non-pedaling seats in the rear of the vehicle, while a Cycle Tavern employed-driver steers and brakes from the middle