Out of State Salvage Title

mk3supra

So say we had a SC salvage title.. and when trying to transfer the title into ohio they said they want an inspection.. but the inspection wont accept an out of state title

so say we can get a temp plate and and then switch the sc title to ohio.. then make the inspection appointment

has anyone gone through one of these appointments? It says it requires all the receipts and they may require you to take panels off?

What if you bought the car with a salvage title and don't have reciepts for whatever was fixed because it was bought already rebuilt? Do they really make you take your car apart?

Also, how do they know what has been fixed? Old police or insurance reports? Or is it just a general inspection?

For a salvage title inspection.....

The inspector only cares about the parts on their list. When they inspect the vehicle they are going to check the VIN# on all the body panels that have it. If you replaced any of those parts, make sure you take the receipt from the place you bought it or if you bought it from an individual you need to get a receipt and have it notarized or they will give you a hard time. They can confiscate your parts if you don't have the correct paper work for what you replaced. The entire appointment took about 20 minutes once I pulled the car in the bay.

From http://bmv.ohio.gov/salvage_inspection.stm

Major Component Parts List *

Air Bag(s) Bumper Dash Deck Lid Doors Engine Frame

Front Fenders Hatchback Hood Rear Door Rear Quarters Transmission Tailgate

Receipts may also be required for any parts with a fair market value of $100.00 or more.

Any parts presented that are questionable or missing vehicle identification numbers are subject to seizure.

how do they know what was replaced?

and i'm guessing you did your repairs.. what if the car was purchased already repaired? aka no receipts because you didnt pay for the repairs

Then the person that had the repairs done should have taken it to get inspected or given the paperwork to the next owner so that person could get'r done. Can you find the bodyshop that did the repairs and get the receipt for the repairs from them?

There's nothing I know to do to get around the receipt issue. That is one thing they are anal about. They don't care if the doors are held on with band aids and the engine is knocking like a wood pecker, they'll pass it as long as all the paperwork and VIN's jive.

I just mine done today Wv Salvage to Ohio title Just take the title with you than they will inspect it 3.50 all the lady did was check the vin write it on a peice of paper than she asked me the model than it was done when in got my title than got my plates transferee over from the old car Thats it