Build Vs. Buy

Jizzle Juice

Yes, that's the plan. This is why ive been leading towards doing a build.

I love seeing all these fast ass stangs. But what level of fast becomes too much for the street? In your guys' opinion.

It all depends on you, honestly I will not be happy until I have a 9 second perfectly capable street car, I keep considering selling my notch and starting from scratch, I will tell you that there will always be things you want, you will make choices on parts or cars you regret and you will most likely not be happy until you start with an unmolested car that you want and either do the work or have the work done the way you want it done. My car has a cage, minitubbed, decent motor, turbo, nice trans, and should be quick but im getting to the point of is this the route i want to take or do I want to build an all out gangster or just a stock looking sleeper. My mind changes everyday and unfortunately my wallet suffers lol. So think for a while what you really want to do and stick with it.

It all depends on you, honestly I will not be happy until I have a 9 second perfectly capable street car, I keep considering selling my notch and starting from scratch, I will tell you that there will always be things you want, you will make choices on parts or cars you regret and you will most likely not be happy until you start with an unmolested car that you want and either do the work or have the work done the way you want it done. My car has a cage, minitubbed, decent motor, turbo, nice trans, and should be quick but im getting to the point of is this the route i want to take or do I want to build an all out gangster or just a stock looking sleeper. My mind changes everyday and unfortunately my wallet suffers lol. So think for a while what you really want to do and stick with it.

Very good point. I like your car i vote keep it unless you sell it to me for dirt cheap haha.

Build!! It's more fun. It's your creation. You know exactly what go into the car. And you know what hardship go with it. I find that by the time I'm done building is also the time I'm ready to sell the vehicle.

That's what im worried about. Ill get the car to where i want and boom im tired of it and never got the chance to enjoy it

This is a easy one and only you can make the final decison but what you ahve to ask yourself is can you be ok with buying a built car that someone did and not you? Or do you have to build it so you know how well the job was done and have that pride also?

Otherwise if you say that you can live with knowing that someone did the work then go ask shanton how much money he has into his gti and knowing he would have sold it for what was it down to 6,000?

There are great built cars out there as long as you can live with the fact you are not 100 percent on how well it was done and that you didnt do the work yourself but will save you a ton of money.

I dont ahve the means to build a car right now ( no garage and not a lot of time) but wanted something nice so I looked around and picked up my car for half of what just the parts alone cost so a total of about 1/3 of what you acn build it for with only say 3000 miles on the motor. yes it needs some things ehre and there but nothing to expensive and nothing that is keepiong it from running( mostly time comsuming cosmetic stuff)

Hope that helps you and if you are interested in pulling the trigger right now I know of a bad ass gti that runs high tens for 6,000 and he has well over 10k in parts for the motor alone. shoot me a pm

build the car---then lose your ass when you sell it

buy the built car---and potentially buy someone else's headache that they could never get running properly, etc.

ultimately, its a tough call. there's an extremely fine line between having a modded car that is fast, yet still fun/safe/reliable to drive anywhere, anytime, at the drop of a hat----and having a car that is no longer fun/streetable.

build the car---then lose your ass when you sell it

buy the built car---and potentially buy someone else's headache that they could never get running properly, etc.

ultimately, its a tough call. there's an extremely fine line between having a modded car that is fast, yet still fun/safe/reliable to drive anywhere, anytime, at the drop of a hat----and having a car that is no longer fun/streetable.

took the words out of my mouth. If you know what is in the built car when you get it and how the previous owner took care of it then its a no brainer to go this route then the build and lose your ass in the long run idea. But yea building a car is much more fun in the end but i'd only go that route nowadays if I have a unlimited income to toss around on cars. That way I wouldn't feel like I got my angus plowed if I ever decided to sell it.