How much HP/tq can a stock bottom ls1 take safetly?

Rustlestiltskin

Bottom end will handle probably anything you will ever throw at it. Get a good set of heads and a fast intake and you will be set on the top end for just about anything you want to throw at it also. All will vary on car and what power etc but if going spray with a cam and stock heads ls6 intake you can make over 500, get some heads added into that and you will make 600+

My Transam is a heads/cam car with stock bottom end with a 150 shot but were getting ready to bump it to a 200 shot. The rod bolts will go first. Mid 600's is about the best as far as not breaking and being safe. But as everyone said a good tune is what is really going to matter how long it holds up

My Transam is a heads/cam car with stock bottom end with a 150 shot but were getting ready to bump it to a 200 shot. The rod bolts will go first. Mid 600's is about the best as far as not breaking and being safe. But as everyone said a good tune is what is really going to matter how long it holds up

right now mine is boltons + cam car. I do have the stock heads on still though. I was thinking about putting a 100shot on or going with a nice set of heads. right now it's in the low 400's whp(been dyno'd). i'm going to research more over at ls1tech and ls1gto.com and see what are a good budget set of heads to run.

What heads are you running?

right now mine is boltons + cam car. I do have the stock heads on still though. I was thinking about putting a 100shot on or going with a nice set of heads. right now it's in the low 400's whp(been dyno'd). i'm going to research more over at ls1tech and ls1gto.com and see what are a good budget set of heads to run.

Depends on your budget it lol

You acn get some ls6 heads for a good price and then even port those from there. i am not sure how well the 317 heads are from the trucks I know they like turbos but dont know how well they like n20 even though its all FI I am sure they will be ok and are a lot cheaper. Or If you want to go all out there is always trickflow or AFR

I have one of the first set of prototype LS2 TrickFlow 220's. They have been ported and have bigger valves than a normal 220 head. They were on a LS2Goat and I milled them from 62 to 59cc.

So many variables. I think a lot depends on how you make the power, if its a N/A car without any power adder it'll last forever. Nitrous cars will last forever if it makes 400-450hp and you spray 100-150 it'll be fine with the right tuning, turbo cars would take a little more, supercharged cars a little more then that. Reason being how the power is delivered, nitrous being fairly harsh even with a progressive and worrying about good distribution, to a supercharger that is very linear in power delivery without any spike.

Good supporting mods will make a huge difference when you start making at or above 500rwhp. I mean the right plugs, head gaskets, head bolts or studs, fueling, pushrods, valve springs, ect. The stock fuel injectors won't get you past 400rwhp unless you run a wet nitrous kit.

Ask some specific questions, I like this game.