Who can fab me a skid plate?

LJ

I need a front skid plate for my truck, seeing as how the one that came on it was plastic. I figure I could just pick some random metal shop to have it done, but I want to go somewhere that has good service and will fab it up at a good price.

Pics for reference. Left is what I want, right is what I have (stolen pic)

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad181/HoosierZ/Silverado/skid001.jpg

I figure anyone can do it, I just don't want to end up having to spend $500 and waiting 2 months because I don't know where to go.

If you were willing to do it I could ship you the plastic piece and a check and you could ship the new metal piece back?

I'm sure some local guys will chime in here and hook you up nice. How much are aftermarket ones?

I haven't found one that isn't part of a full kit or a bumper. Technically they don't list it as a skid plate, but that is definitely what it is.

Posted yesterday.

I'm not his pimp though. :)

Then why do you insist on giving him 'five'? Wait, nm.

LJ, would you mind posting back in here when you've found someone? Or, just pm me with info and price if you would? I've been wondering about something for the RAV. Plastic doesn't really cut it. I've already had to replace a few tabs.

All you need is someone with a decent metal brake and a drill press- for those curved pieces depending on the thickness of metal you desire they may need a plasma cutter or someone willing to spend a lot of time with a grinder...

If I had the truck here I could tack and adjust and then finish weld several plates together to make it work but it would be slow and expensive. Again depending on the thickness those curved sections would be tough- I would probably have someone rough plasma it and then I would finish grind.

I know of a shop I use but I wouldn't be comfortable paying anyone unless they also had the truck to install it on to check it.

Edited by hpfiend