Knocking under acceleration

KennyFKINPowerz

I have a knocking noise in my 95 Camaro while accelerating, it sounds like its comming from the firewall area or a little further back. It only does this when the car is under a load and driving down the rd. If I have it out of gear and rev it up it is not there. At first I thought it was the trans mount so I replaced it on Sat, WRONG :). Then I was thinking it was the hedders, but that seems kind of unlikely as the noise has seemed to get worse over the last few weeks and if I am in 6th on the freeway and just ease in to the gas I can start to hear it . At first it only did it a little bit in 1st and now I can hear it in pretty much every gear, only while accelerating though. If I let out of it and just coast then no knocking. I don't know much about clutches but that is kind of where it sounds like its comming from. It doesnt seem to be slipping or acting funny in any way though. Torque arm mount maybe? U-joint? I do have some vibration at speed when I let out of it, but thought that was the tires maybe. I looked at the u-joints this weekend and they looked good. I thought maybe I have a miss somewhere because the car seems down on power a little but I cant seem to hear it and I have never heard a miss make that sound. I plan I plan on getting it scanned this weekend though. It needs a tune and is running rich but I am gonna take it to Dyno Brian next Saturday and wanted to try and get this issue resolved before I take it to him.

95 Camaro

Lt1

M6

Stock Suspension and drivetrain

Centerforce clutch and lightweight flywheel

ANY IDEAS?????