Anyone have a Stoeger shotgun?

Mark1647545493

If you have one or used one, could you let me know your thoughts and opinions about them. Did you have any problems with the gun? I'm looking at an O/U 12/20ga (both sets of barrels) combo field grade and I just can't make up my mind. Hard to believe an O/U for $400 would be worth a shit considering what all other o/u shottys sell for..

This is the one I'm looking at...

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/51468

break action and pump shotguns are pretty simple theres not much that can go wrong

very true when the break action is a single shot. There's more to an o/u or SxS especially when you only have a single trigger for both barrels.

I was talking with a gunsmith a few years ago about a Ruger 20ga o/u with an auto barrel selector and he said that he was surprised at how many small, moving parts are inside that shotgun. He also said it was the hardest shotgun he's ever had to fix.

Also, the Stoeger is minimum $1000 cheaper than any of the other O/U shotguns Vances has on their website. why?

Savage/Stevens (or maybe it's CZ?) makes a decent O/U. My father's got one in 20ga. that I was pretty impressed with for the money. I think he only paid like $5-600 for it brand new. I've never shot a Stoeger, but I've heard good things about them, again, for the money. I kind of want a SxS for a beater.

I bought this today. Kind of nice that I got both the 12ga and the 20ga barrels for it as well as a hand full of choke tubes for $400. This thing is going to have to shoot really bad to NOT be a good deal...

One review said that if your looking for a gun to put 5000 rounds a year thru, this isn't the gun for you. If you're looking for a gun to take out into the field a dozen times a year then this gun will out live the owner.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/images/condor_large_combo.jpg

That is a nice shotgun. I wouldn't worry about the 5000 round thing. If you are putting that many shells per year through a break action shotgun then you are both very bored and fairly wealthy. For that kind of action I would buy an Xtrema2 anyway.