Victim shoots robbery suspect in Applebee's parking lot

87GT

Anyone read this yet?

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/204949/250/Would-be-robbery-victim-shoots-suspect

ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Authorities say a would-be victim pulled a gun and shot a man who tried to rob him in a restaurant parking lot in St. Petersburg.

St. Petersburg police say the incident happened about 10:30 p.m. Sunday in the Applebee's parking lot located on 4th Street North.

Police say Raven Smith and Lesley Tanner were exiting their vehicle to go into the restaurant when 17-year-old Anthony Hauser, wearing a ski mask and armed with a handgun, confronted Tanner.

Smith -- who possesses a concealed weapons permit -- drew his own handgun and fired at the suspect multiple times.

Hauser was struck four times and yelled at Smith to stop shooting. He pulled the mask off his face and claimed the gun he was holding was a "fake." Investigators later learned Hauser's gun was actually a fully loaded and operational 25 cal. auto.

After the shooting, Smith flagged down an officer passing in the area and Hauser was transported to Bayfront Medical Center, where he underwent surgery.

Although in serious condition, at last report Hauser is expected to survive his wounds.

No charges are pending against Smith, who was acting in defense of Tanner and himself.

Police say Hauser will be charged with two counts of attempted armed robbery.

When couldn't you?

:gabe:

I always have, i decided when i first got my ccwc i didnt want to every run into a time when I said... why wasnt I carrying that day.

I always have, i decided when i first got my ccwc i didnt want to every run into a time when I said... why wasnt I carrying that day.

Wow, I'm not one to mess with people for bad grammer, but it took a few reads to get your point.

Good point though, and a problem with CC. if you don't carry all the time the you don't carry enough. I know my luck and if I carried each time I decided not to I'd get robbed or something.

Wow, I'm not one to mess with people for bad grammer, but it took a few reads to get your point.

Good point though, and a problem with CC. if you don't carry all the time the you don't carry enough. I know my luck and if I carried each time I decided not to I'd get robbed or something.

pot meet kettle