Victim shoots robbery suspect in Applebee's parking lot

87GT

Sounds like smith needs to hit the range more ..... 4 hits and still alive.

^^ Agree. Adrenaline impact likely but damn!

So, you can carry a gun into Applebee's?

This story is reason #345,676 why you might want to.

Even if the shooter was using a .380, proper shot placement would have killed someone dead right then. Were he using a .45 and scored multiple center mass hits, the bullet sponge would still have a good chance at surviving if medical attention was on scene quick enough.

This isn't 24, and people don't instantly drop dead after being hit anywhere with a .45.

Even if the shooter was using a .380, proper shot placement would have killed someone dead right then. Were he using a .45 and scored multiple center mass hits, the bullet sponge would still have a good chance at surviving if medical attention was on scene quick enough.

This isn't 24, and people don't instantly drop dead after being hit anywhere with a .45.

The idea is to do the most damage with the least amount of shots. If I have to shoot someone I want to stop them even if I don't shoot them in the heart.

Ever shot anyone? Accuracy drops significantly when you're in that position. I think he did really well just hitting him all 4 times, that doesn't usually happen.

The idea is to do the most damage with the least amount of shots. If I have to shoot someone I want to stop them even if I don't shoot them in the heart.

That's the idea. The problem is that you have to cause extreme damage to stop them without hitting a vital organ. The body can actually deal with a lot of trauma for a short time.

An injured person can still kill you. A dead one can't.

Yes. If the force wasn't deadly, then it really isn't "deadly force." But you are right, generally the idea is to defend until the attacker(s) are incapacitated, not necessarily dead.