ls1, lq4 or 5.3 truck motor

2pointslow

I. Have the stock crank rods and pistons out of my 6l block I'm not using. I'm going all forged they are in great shape still have the stock rings on them if someone on cr could use them id take 200 asking 250 obo on ls1 tech. They are in great shape

What's the best flowing head (stock production) for these LSX's. I see a lot of people going with the 317 heads on turbo cars because of the larger chambers and they lower compression, but what if you wanna do nitrous and higher compression? Are the LQ9 the "cathedral" heads or are they the conventional port? I have been thinking about doing something with an LQ9 bottom end a good cam, good stock production heads, and go carbed with a little spray. There was a guy on ls1tech.com that went 5.70's on a 150 shot with a similar combo in a foxbody but I just cant find the thread anymore.

What's the best flowing head (stock production) for these LSX's. I see a lot of people going with the 317 heads on turbo cars because of the larger chambers and they lower compression, but what if you wanna do nitrous and higher compression? Are the LQ9 the "cathedral" heads or are they the conventional port? I have been thinking about doing something with an LQ9 bottom end a good cam, good stock production heads, and go carbed with a little spray. There was a guy on ls1tech.com that went 5.70's on a 150 shot with a similar combo in a foxbody but I just cant find the thread anymore.

Why would u go carb'd? I have seen people actually lose hp from ditching fuel injection for a carb, heat soak sucks.

Sry don't mean to sound like a dick just curios, all the fastest vette, f bodies, gto's etc have FAST intakes on them.

Why would u go carb'd? I have seen people actually lose hp from ditching fuel injection for a carb, heat soak sucks.

Sry don't mean to sound like a dick just curios, all the fastest vette, f bodies, gto's etc have FAST intakes on them.

Easier to swap, cheaper, less wiring. I'm looking into a race car only, so I don't care about streetability. It's doing to be a gutted out car anyhow.

The 5.3 in my rat rod is carb'd and I hate it. Its been plagued with problems ever since we put it together (Disclaimer: this could be due to me being a shitty mechanic). My tear-down and rebuild will include a low mileage motor from the junkyard with the facotry fuel injection still intact.

carbs are great. but 90 percent of people wont take the time to get them right. case in point the s10 loves its carb. and i still tune it all the time trying to make it better. thinking about getting a tps to monitor full throttle so i can make shure the loud pedal is all the way open when im on a pass.!!

Some carbs work great right out the box and some dont. When you buy a used carb, that sometime can be a problem too. A lot of people like to mess with them and have no clue how to do it. Myself included.

Looking at the big picture I think overall fuel injection is worth the added wiring, and saves you the headaches later on, easier to tune/have tuned, But if u can work a carb power to ya!