ls1, lq4 or 5.3 truck motor

2pointslow

So i have been debating between the 3 motors, im looking at a cost to power ratio. The ls1 is going to be most expensive right out of the gate, i am looking for about 500 on nitrous. Also would you go built th350 or t56? Car will be an all around performer not just a straight line car.

Cost/reliablity and power.... which one will be the most cost effecient in the long run??

if its an all around car then why would you even consider a auto 3 speed transmission?

This. I'd suggest you'd be silly NOT to go t-56, but a 3-speed auto is just horrible in a daily driver. Would you even be able to make a t-56 work in your car, or would the shifter come through the floor somewhere in the back seat?

This. I'd suggest you'd be silly NOT to go t-56, but a 3-speed auto is just horrible in a daily driver. Would you even be able to make a t-56 work in your car, or would the shifter come through the floor somewhere in the back seat?

Should fit just fine, shifters a little far foreward as it is.

Having owned both a bolt on ls1 and bolt on lq9 6.0 I would never hesitate to ever buy a lq motor again. It made more power on motor and spray(obviously) there is more material on the rods and it still has a good bottom end, it's not worth it to pay the extra amount of cash for the aluminum 5.7 block, roughly 80lbs lighter. I paid 1400 for mine it was out of a 05 escalade, and had 35xxx miles, looked brand new inside and out when I got it. Look around u can find them for cheapEr, do a cam & exhaust and u will only need maybe a 75 shot to make 500 at the tires. Lol I would still recommend doing arp rod bolts and rod bearings, that way u can spin it out a little more and not worry about the weakest link

O and t56 all the way!!!