Woodward Dream Cruise

Buckeye1647545503

As I always say, anyone who is truly into cars should be at the Dream Cruise. People will start crowding the road early this week through Sunday. Park on a side street around 11 or 12 Mile and walk north, at least through Birmingham.

I can't go this year. The wife's due date is in 4 days, so I'm on stand by.

On Woodward they ticket very heavily. I would not do anything illegal on Woodward. If you move off Woodward there is opportunity for hooning.

I'm not sure if there is a best place to stay. Hotels around Woodward are going to be expensive this week. I would look for something reasonable in Troy, Rochester, Bloomfield Hills, or Birmingham. There's also a Courtyard by Marriott and a Marriott in Pontiac on Centerpoint Parkway that are pretty nice. (that's where everyone at my work stays)

ANY car can cruise Woodward. You'll see old, new, kits, homebuilts, abortion activists, shriners....you name it, it's there. GM usually has a Coney island around 13 Mile with a bunch of things out of the historical collection and a fairly large area on the south side of Birmingham. Ford usually has downtown Birmingham. Chrysler usually has a shopping center around 11 mile.

save your self some time and frustration and go to back to the bricks in flint.

only about 64 miles further north.

woodward is a giant traffic jam.

That's why you don't drive on it. Get off I-75, pull into residential streets before hitting Woodward, find a place to park, and walk all day.

That's why you don't drive on it. Get off I-75, pull into residential streets before hitting Woodward, find a place to park, and walk all day.

that sounds pretty lame. I thought woodward was homage to the old days racing light to light and what not. It sounds like it is just a big car show..? If that is the case I not sure I want to waste my time.

that sounds pretty lame. I thought woodward was homage to the old days racing light to light and what not. It sounds like it is just a big car show..? If that is the case I not sure I want to waste my time.

That's what Woodward is every other weekend in the summer. This week (people started cruising today) has so many people converging on Woodward that you'll be in bumper to bumper traffic on the busy sections. I've heard of people racing off of Woodward, but the cops will be out in full force. About 2 years ago my friend was on 696 in his RB25 S14 and ended up running into TT Ford GT and something else (forget what the lamer car was) roll racing.

I think it's definietly worth it to go if you are into cars. People on here will go hang out in a Home Depot parking lot on a Fri/Sat night to see/hang out with the same people every weekend. You go to the Dream Cruise and you have ~13 miles of cars and millions of people. Hot rods, muscle cars, cruisers, kit cars, race cars, drag cars, customs, concept cars, rare cars, bikes, trikes, you name it, it's there.

If you're looking to hoon, show up early in the week, make friends that are local, and stay through Sat night.

The fun stuff is up in Pontiac on Woodward, just around the split. After the police shut down the cruise on Friday night, come back to Woodward around midnight (cops have completely left Pontiac....) and watch/have fun.

FYI - Just a few onths ago the Pontiac police force was disbanded (the city has no money) and not Pontiac is patrolled by Oakland County. That memans things could be different and they'll be everywhere, or they'll be stretched so thin you'll never see them.