Any local kawi dealers that would swap valve shims?

thomez

Just walk in and make a trade for the sizes needed?

I have heard of some dealers doing this, which is awesome.

I need to plan out a valve adjustment for my ZRX and I'm debating if I want to buy shims in advance or just try to get them at a dealer or swap them out with someone helpful.

Thanks.

Buy a kit from Hot Cams. They have all the shims you'd need... Or, just go to a decent shop and buy some. You'll have to spec out all the ones you'd need and then go in and trade. Most shops should, but seeing if the numbers are worn off, most won't.

I jsut bought a hot cams shim kit for my CBR f4i. If they are the same size i wouldnt mind giving you what you need. After I find out what I need to do with my valves. Have you ever done a shum under bucket? This is my first time. Maybe it is a different style than my CBR. not sure.

Yeah, they may. I was hopin that I could find someone like myself that would let me use their kit, but I just ended up buying them. Find out the diameter of the shims you need or figure out if they are all the same and I'll bring that kit for you. What part of NE Ohio are you in?

MC, I forgot about your post... whoops!

I needed 2.55mm and 2.50mm shims, I just went to State 8 and ordered a Hot Cams refill kit that should cover me.

I actually needed 7 of the 2.55mm shims and the kit only comes with 5 but they had 2 loose 2.55m shims that they sold me for only $2.25 each.

(I needed 9.48mm diameter shims)

I just mic'd out a shim and mine are 7.48 for the CBR so its a good thing that the dealer had them. Good luck. I just had to go buy a 12 inch long screwdriver because I diddnt have one long enough to reach the #2 throttle body. You have to go through the frame I had one that was just a tad too short.

I just did the valves on my RC and it was actually pretty easy. Just take your time.

Be sure to use the formula:

A = (B - C) + D

A: New Shim Size

B: Recorded Valve Clearance

C: Spec Valve Clearance

D: Old Shim Thickness

Been slowly dismantling my bike and cleaning parts over the last four days. finally got the radiator off and the valve cover out of the way. Those throttle bodies do not like to come off when those boots are cold or stuck on good. now just have to measure my clearances. hope i can get the cams back on time okay, thats the only thing im nervous about.

I just did the valves on my RC and it was actually pretty easy. Just take your time.

Be sure to use the formula:

A = (B - C) + D

A: New Shim Size

B: Recorded Valve Clearance

C: Spec Valve Clearance

D: Old Shim Thickness

Well I didn't write it out quite like that but if you'd be so kind as to check my math I posted the stuff in the Tech section.