Sports cards...

V8 Beast

Not only that there were about 20 different companies jumping into the game. It made it impossible for somebody to collect certain teams,players,collections,etc. It was no longer fun.

That too...I had a hellacious Nolan Ryan collection going, 500+ cards...I had everything he appeared on between his rookie year and about 89 or 90, and then in two years the number of card companies went through the roof, and there were THREE companies each making 144-card commemorative sets in 1994...

Mom told me today that when she was a kid, she had a crush on Pete Rose...so she traded for a BUNCH of his cards, and had 75-80 of them. I showed her a picture of his '63 Topps card, and she said "Yeah, that's the one!" Grandma threw them all away after Mom left for college...:no:

That too...I had a hellacious Nolan Ryan collection going, 500+ cards...I had everything he appeared on between his rookie year and about 89 or 90, and then in two years the number of card companies went through the roof, and there were THREE companies each making 144-card commemorative sets in 1994...

Mom told me today that when she was a kid, she had a crush on Pete Rose...so she traded for a BUNCH of his cards, and had 75-80 of them. I showed her a picture of his '63 Topps card, and she said "Yeah, that's the one!" Grandma threw them all away after Mom left for college...:no:

My grandma did the same to my uncle.. He had mantles, williams, maris..all the stars back in the day. Tossed them all :(