Anyone Make Sub Boxes?

MackDaddy43

I just got 2 JL 13.5" subs, and can't find a box to put them in :megusta:

Anyone here make good boxes? I don't want to shell out a fortune for a "pro" box. I just need something to hold the damn speakers for now. I was going to try to cut out a 12" box, but the hole needs to be 14" in diameter, and I haven't found one with enough room on the sides yet.

I'd like to have a nice ported box if possible.

Now I'm reading that JL has specifics that they want on your box. Hmmm..... Might be my chance to to try my hand at wood working... :dumb:

Doesn't hurt to try.. If nothing else do a bit of research and see what type of box the subwoofers like, and build a box that fits the criteria, along with your space requirements.

Also if you're building the box without a monster table saw for laser straight cuts, put the top of the box on last so you can hit the top of the box with a belt sander to make it all line up.

Spj josh on here..

He has a built silverado with 4 18's that can rip sheet metel I think he can help you :lol:

Haha thanks for the help. I went to home depot last night and got the wood for it. They ripped it all for me, and its pretty darn close to the measurements I need. All I have left to do now is cut the holes, and put it together. :fuckyeah:

hope it works..

I am in reynoldsburg as well and have most tools/saws if you wanted a place to do it. I need to build a couple more boxes as well here soon.

How does tuesday look for you? I'm off all day. I'll give you the leftover wood if you want it. Theres a decent amount of it, and I don't have a place for it.