emissions, smog.... Bs

boosted98gst

This is for the guys who lived out of state or live in countys that do e check or smog........ My car was shipped out last week to california, on friday I bought a sr and put it in the car just to have a fun/weekend car. The car is still reg in ohio , but before the car can register in california it has to be smogged which will never pass, due to illegal motor swap, and the small mods it does have. So is it legal to change my title out of my name to a buddys back in ohio, and keep the car with ohio plates?

why not just renue your tags that u haad in ohio? or put it in ur parents name if there still out here

I can not renue my tags if im a california resident. Thats what I mean putting it in someones name in ohio? and just pay them to keep up with my tags ect..... the next question is it legal to do this?

I can not renue my tags if im a california resident. Thats what I mean putting it in someones name in ohio? and just pay them to keep up with my tags ect..... the next question is it legal to do this?

i dont see why not.. no different then you "borrowing" a car from a friend

kids go to college out of state for years and there still registered to there home state

Or you could have a stock engine that will drop in for the smog and out immediatly after.

Yeah its hard to find a decent ka24 to swap and 50% of them fail the smog , due to high milage/ wore out engines. I have no doubt the sr20 will pass the smog with the cat in, and the emissions hooked back up it only has 30k on the clock..... its the visual test that will fail. My other option is to pay under the table to smog guy, but will still not protect me from the police. Socal cops are trained to check engine swap / mods and all this dumb bs. All this was brought up because thurs night I went to a weekly nissan meet , the police ended up coming thru the lot because it was a decent turn out about 15 cars or so ( they think car meet ups are street racing ) ...... Alot of the cars were slammed cars which is illegal to run a certain highth on a car here , 8 out of the 15 cars had to pop hoods and show carb legal stickers, 3 of the cars had engine swap which ended up getting towed and the other 5 guys had fix it tickets either being to low or not having a carb sticker on a certain mod. The police did not even hastle the out of state military guys , all they did was check id's and insurance and thats it.

NO... You live IN Ca... driving a ohio car.. see how this will not go over well

NO... You live IN Ca... driving a ohio car.. see how this will not go over well

I def see what you are saying........if the worst case getting caught some how only a fine, im okay with that.......if its like jail time or something on my record im not going to even try and just put the car as non op. I need to ask my neighbor , he drives a civic and has ohio tags and he is non military. I drive everyday and see lots of out of state non military tagged cars.....I just wonder how they are doing it .....

why not just find the places that you can pay off and have the car smog legal?

They are all over, they will still tow and impound ur car with engine mods / swap. Then the car will have to be reg no OP or be sold out of state. Thats why you always see guys around california selling out of state cars because it failed smog, or some how made non OP.

No reason why it isn't legal. My sister does this. She lives in KY but has her car in my dad's name who lives here in Columbus. Apparently KY has some stupid tax on cars so she did this/plans to leave it like this for the forseeable future.

No reason why it isn't legal. My sister does this. She lives in KY but has her car in my dad's name who lives here in Columbus. Apparently KY has some stupid tax on cars so she did this/plans to leave it like this for the forseeable future.

ok sweet! thats what I wanted to hear.....I do know that if the car is reg in another state (ohio) the car does not have to follow carb laws like california reg cars, so the cops cant do shit about whats done on my car.......Its so fucking stupid......... If you guys remember even the old turbo 1g dsm's have special " california emission standard 1g's" The front window sticker says "c.a.r.b legal in the state of california"

CA = :dumb:

I'd rather set myself and my car on fire than live in that nazi-fag infested state.

God bless catless downpipes and dumped PCV's.

:megusta:

HAHA yeah I went to a dsm thing for socal dsm tuners the other day just to meet new people and stuff.......All the cars was pretty much stock lol......I told them I just moved here from ohio yada yada......and they thought ohio was dsm god land. Few of them been to the shootout and think all of ohio is over ran by 9 second street cars with shoots out the back lol.

ok sweet! thats what I wanted to hear.....I do know that if the car is reg in another state (ohio) the car does not have to follow carb laws like california reg cars, so the cops cant do shit about whats done on my car.......Its so fucking stupid......... If you guys remember even the old turbo 1g dsm's have special " california emission standard 1g's" The front window sticker says "c.a.r.b legal in the state of california"

hey

actually its much tougher here than you think.

pm me, ill give you my number and tell you the best ways.

most important, make sure you have a visible cat, even if its hollow.

remember, removing it actually violates federal law and state law, so any cop any where can technically impound your car for not having one.

and its real bad out here. real bad.

on a side note, we still have more hot chicks, even with all the other bs out here, that makes it all worth it.

even if all i do is look.

hey

actually its much tougher here than you think.

pm me, ill give you my number and tell you the best ways.

most important, make sure you have a visible cat, even if its hollow.

remember, removing it actually violates federal law and state law, so any cop any where can technically impound your car for not having one.

and its real bad out here. real bad.

on a side note, we still have more hot chicks, even with all the other bs out here, that makes it all worth it.

even if all i do is look.

Yeah I knew that taking a cat off a car is no good lol.....fill me with some info when you can.......btw what part of socal are you in? ive herd cops in different citys are alot different when it comes to mods ect.