Anyone here work at 'MAG' in dublin an could help me out? PLZ!

Eric1647545520

I will be going to an "open" interview at Midwestern auto group on Tuesday 8/30 dressed to kill with resume in hand and I didn't know if any members on here actually worked for them or maybe knew someone on the inside that could help me get the job?

Tulo do you work for them still?

Anyone know anybody?.......yes I am desperate.

It's a sales position if that matters. I have no formal car sales experience, but I do know a great deal about higher end cars and know my way around most all of them pretty well.

I currently drive a 2002 SMG M3 an most all the mods on it have been installed by me..............idk maybe I can try an use my bmw as leverage to get the job position but I am afraid Im underqualified....?

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/Eric9879/1DSC_0180.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e351/Eric9879/1DSC_0166.jpg[/img]

Know the loan paperwork process or show you can learn it quickly and support that with something you have worked with in the past that is relivant to handling a paperwork process.

I would get with someone on here who sells car's, buy them lunch and have them down load every detail about selling cars to you so you are versed in at least an outline.

Sales is a tricky world. Some people have to put themselves obove the people they are working with to be successful in it. I would say know your client and work to who they are and what they want.

I work with a guy right now that make almost $300K year. He has no opertunity to spend his money and has been doing this for 5 years at that pay. He is tattoo'd and looks like a white trash biker. When he gets home, all he wants to buy is a BMW M6 and turbo it. I know damn well we will walk in looking broke as hell and pay cash.

If you can understand that client and know that some people want their ego strocked while they buy something high end to support it, you should be fine.

I've done car sales in the past.

Dealerships will hire a noob, or a seasoned salesman.

Confidence, personality, approachability go along ways.

Some dealerships like hiring fresh people, so they can train them to do stuff their way.

As with any sales job, it's all about results.

GL

Sorry guys................forgot to reply back here.

Well interview went well not great but pretty good. The guy who interviewed me told me before we had even sat down that I was the 26th person he had interview'd for the position in a single friggin day!!!! I knew right then an there I wasnt getting the job.

He was nice an easy to communicate with....not intimidating at all like I thought it was gonna be. He told me straight out that with my lack of sale's experience an the sheer number of well qualified applicants that I would not be getting a cars sales position but instead said that I sounded like a good "fit" for a service writer position????

I told him that any avaliable position they had at 'MAG' they could offer me I would take regaurdless of what it was. He told me he would forward my resume an application to the service bays General Manager an see what he could do and thank'd me for coming in?????????????

SOOOOO am I fcuked? Was he laughing at me the whole time on the inside an just giving me the run around?

I have not heard a word from them an my interview was on Tuesday morning?

Should i call them on Monday an "check in" with them?

I need this job so bad, Im unemployed currently and just bought a house.......not good.:thumbdown

The guy who interview'd me is brian hall, I have his direct line # when/should I call him?

I would not wait till Monday. Call today.

Hey, this is Eric, the guy you thought would be a good fit for a Service Writer position. I really appreciate the time you took meeting and interviewing me Tuesday. Especially knowing I was not a fit for the sale position you were looking for. I just wanted to follow up and see if you had passed my information along to the General Manager and seeing if there was any way I might be able to come in and meet with him on Tuesday? I understand if there is not an opening now, but I would really like to touch base with him and introduce myself. As you know from meeting with me, I'm pretty excited for the opportunity to work with your company.

I say meet with him on Tuesdays, because Mondays are always recovery from the weekend work to catch up ,and for people to get their head in the game.

Good luck

I wish you luck man! Maybe a service writer job is a blessing if you get it. Sales is great and all but only when you are making money. If things do not work out with MAG I know I could get you a job here at CarMax in sales. Training is good pay at $12 for about 6 weels and Ive been averaging $17 an hour is sales. If you want any more info let me know.

If any one else would like a job let me know!

• 4 weeks later...
I tryed to get a job at MAG in service, interview went great and the manager introduced me to all the head techs for 2 hours! Then never called me back :/

Yea same here interview went pretty damn good I thought. They show me around the place a little an then I haven't heard a damn thing from them :yuno: