OOOOOHHH There's The Problem!!!

04SVT

Slight surplus of heat in the combustion chamber. This is no.7.

Also cooked no.4 & no.8 they just weren't as bad. Think they were already cooked but I finished them off. Definitely finished the no.7 off at the track. Puffed smoke for a couple days after then straightened up. Glad I decided to have it pulled and checked!! Now, MORE POWER!!!! :fuckyeah:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/04SVT600hp/Aug22011013.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/04SVT600hp/Aug22011018.jpg

That sucks. Hopefully not too much scoring in the cylinder walls. Bore it out and throw some CP pistons in it and you're good to go.

Bored .020 and getting coated Manley slugs. Scoring wasn't very bad at all.

Link to mod write up? I am new to the mod motors... And want to go back too push rods lol

Ya after I sent out the check for the rebuild I was ready to go pushrod too!! OUCH!! But its not gonna come back stock either. Sorry not sure on the link to mod write up question. Enlighten the old fart please.

I feel your pain,....

Don't have any good pics, but I was in the same boat a week ago

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii37/jordancampbell2008/rod.jpg

How was the rest of your bottom end?

Rods, crank, and bearings were great.

Had a few shitty pistons, and had to bore the block 20

Ended up just getting pistons, rings, and bearings.

Same here. But just couldn't bear to put the stock cams back in. Getting custom ground cams. :fuckyeah:

Don't forget to do the cooling mod!!

Same here. But just couldn't bear to put the stock cams back in. Getting custom ground cams. :fuckyeah:

Don't forget to do the cooling mod!!

Got it!, lol

I had Fox Lake do the block. I was REALLY tempted to have them port the heads and toss some cams in....

don't know what you guys are talking about breaking shit. i have a completely stock longblock pushing 600rwhp since 2007, with no issues. i have the head cooling mod. and, of course, i bought my car brand new and know that its been cared for well, since new--not sprayed with a 150shot, and/or pushed to 30 psi (hal).

if you're looking for the write up on the head cooling mod, check out svtperformance.com, under the 'terminator' section. theres a section called 'how-to'. i have a thread that's been stickied for years titled the 'complete how-to thread'---tons, tons of information on that thread regarding these cars. some of the stuff is outdated, but i've bought 4 other sports cars since my cobra, and, well, priorities change.

good luck. if you build a solid shortblock and don't push at least 20psi through it, you're failing.

i have the head cooling mod. and, of course, i bought my car brand new and know that its been cared for well.

This is what my car lacked. It was a time bomb when I bought it, and honestly I expected worse carnage than what I encountered.

I have read a ton since getting the car, fixed/changed the weak links, and don't think I will ever have another problem again.