Clutch recomendations

KennyFKINPowerz

You also need to understand that the LT1 uses a pull style clutch while most clutch setups are push style. Because of this, all LT1's clutches are either a Valeo pressure plate, a modified Valeo, or a knock off as Valeo holds the patent for it. So just because a certain clutch works well for, say an LS1 car, doesn't mean it is worth a damn for the LT1.

Pull style clutches suck! I've never owned a car with one until I bought my evo... Weird. I'm converting it to push next weekend and putting in a carbonetic carbon twin disc.

I hate ram clutches because I went through several with my ls1 when it was still in the car...the damn pressure plates kept breaking so I gave up on the rams.

I don't have any experience with lt1 clutches... But my experience with ram was bad and I will never buy another one. I would go with spec if it's a decent price

I've had a Spec 3+, and now I need to replace my spec 5 for the third time. I could not recommend any Spec clutch as I have not had one last more than a season.

Time for a McLeod twin disc?

Thats sucks dude, my ram clutches would usually last about the same amount of time then die

I love my McLeod. The pedal pressure is almost the same as it was stock, but it grabs hard. I assume part of the expense is the fact you are also replacing the flywheel and master cylinder. Yeah it was expensive, but you can't disagree with the reputation. Do it once, do it right, and don't worry about it later.

That is probably what will go in the car next as I can't see spending the money on an RPS thriple.

What do those run?

I thought the McLeod was expensive for my z but the evo clutches are absolutly crazy expensive... I'm lucky a friend bought this clutch I'm going to put in and never used it and ended up selling his evo before he put it in.... They cost $2100 new, I'm just trading him LSx parts for it. damn carbon clutches. Worth it tho! As stated do it right and don't worry about it.

What do those run?

I thought the McLeod was expensive for my z but the evo clutches are absolutly crazy expensive... I'm lucky a friend bought this clutch I'm going to put in and never used it and ended up selling his evo before he put it in.... They cost $2100 new, I'm just trading him LSx parts for it. damn carbon clutches. Worth it tho! As stated do it right and don't worry about it.

https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/categories.php?category=LS1-F-Body/Drivetrain/Clutches

Thriple is $3400.