Construction coming to Splitrock Rd / Dublin Rd / Scioto Darby Creek Rd ?

Prodeje79

Decided to start looking at houses.

I really want to live inside 270, and no Columbus Public Schools, and no Southwestern City Schools.

I found some decent houses near:

Splitrock Rd / Dublin Rd / Scioto Darby Creek Rd

in Hilliard City Schools.

Any idea why so many are for sale in this small area?

Perhaps some sort of construction or something else about to happen???

Tried googling without luck. I see there is an open house in the area. May stop by to get the scoop.

I live right behind Seeley's greenhouse, nicer area for not a lot more money, plus it's in Hilliard proper, not Columbus with Hilliard Schools.

Home values in Darby Glen (your prospective subdivision) have taken a lot more of a hit than other areas in Hilliard. Form your own opinion.

Pending road construction include:

New roundabout at Scioto Darby and Walcott road.

Rebuild/install curbs/install sidewalks on Leap Road.

Rebuild/install curbs/install sidewalks on on Scioto Darby Road.

Not sure about timeline, but should go in this order. I think the Scioto Darby/Walcott road project is scheduled to start next year.

I can tell you that Leap Road can back up pretty bad during rush hour, but there are back roads that can get around it.

Darby Glen has a pretty strong homeowners association, for better or worse. You might want to check out deed restrictions before you pull the trigger.

I appreciate the response. We really want to stay inside of 270. My brother in law lives in 43228 and my parents just moved out of 43228. I don't mind Columbus with Hilliard schools. I am very familiar with back roads at least :)

Wife works at OSU and I work downtown.

I will look into the deed restrictions. What am I looking out for?

I did see that all of those houses took a big hit on auditor site.

Only real problem can be police/EMS response, but I think Hilliard PD and Norwich Township respond to Darby Glen. Double check, tho. It makes a difference on your homeowner's, how fast they can get there. Plus there are times when you really don't want to be at the far end of a squad response area.

I work downtown, takes me 20 minutes at 06:00 on the way in, 30 minutes at 17:00 back home. OSU could go up Dublin to Fishinger and straight through UA to Kenny.

My homeowners has all sorts of restrictions, none of which bother me, but include :

No portable basketball goals.

No commercial vehicles parked overnight in street or in driveway.

No "major" auto repairs (whatever that entails, I figure if I can close the garage door, it's not a major repair."

Paint, fences, and such must be approved by the "Architechural Committee" prior to work starting.

Just take a look at the homeowner's association rules. Seller should be able to supply upon request, if not they have to be on file at the courthouse, you agent can get them.

There are RR tracks at the back of Darby Glen, they get moderate use. Check that out if it's a potential problem.

I live right behind Seeley's greenhouse, nicer area for not a lot more money, plus it's in Hilliard proper, not Columbus with Hilliard Schools.

Home values in Darby Glen (your prospective subdivision) have taken a lot more of a hit than other areas in Hilliard. Form your own opinion.

Pending road construction include:

New roundabout at Scioto Darby and Walcott road.

Rebuild/install curbs/install sidewalks on Leap Road.

Rebuild/install curbs/install sidewalks on on Scioto Darby Road.

Not sure about timeline, but should go in this order. I think the Scioto Darby/Walcott road project is scheduled to start next year.

I can tell you that Leap Road can back up pretty bad during rush hour, but there are back roads that can get around it.

Darby Glen has a pretty strong homeowners association, for better or worse. You might want to check out deed restrictions before you pull the trigger.

Just bought a house in Darby Glen. The value on the reappraisal only went down 1.5% from the previous appraisal. Only time I notice the trains are either during the day, when I am at work anyway, and very rarely later on at night. It's not very loud at all and doesn't bother me personally. Not sure what other people think though. Yes, the intersection of Leap and Scioto Darby gets heavy around 5-6 or so. I just go use Roberts to Dublin Rd to Scioto Darby to get home. Much quicker for me. Neighborhood is nice and quiet and I seem to have very friendly neighbors and there are a lot of younger kids for my daughter to make friends with. There is also a nice park down the street with a walking path. I like it and it's close to a lot of different things in Hilliard. I may be slightly biases though :)

• 4 weeks later...