RWC 2011

CRed05

I know most people here really don't give any shits about Rugby, but the World Cup is underway. As a South African it's a big deal to me, we are also the defending champions so maybe we can become the only team in history to win the cup twice in a row. :fuckyeah:

Anyway, on Sunday the USA is playing Ireland, it will be aired on NBC at 1pm. So if you want to watch the greatest game on earth, plus you want to get your patriotism on (being 9/11 and all), I urge you to check it out. Besides, football is for the gays :) I wouldn't get my hopes up on the USA beating Ireland, the only team they stand a chance on beating would be Russia on September 15th.

Yeah, I'm a little upset that I have to pay $35 (HD) to watch the springbok games. I was expecting channel 490/491 to air it. Claddagh downtown usually shows the games, but I already checked and they're only showing the NBC games.

The opening game was pretty cool. Having 2 teams that do a haka, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWIqVfRLooc

I agree it does suck they are charging for them. I think the Claddagh here at Legacy Village might be showing a lot of the games. Was there a not too long ago and they had a lot of signage up for the World Cup.

Thanks for posting the link, have not seen that before either. Would be great to be back in SA with family watching some of the games putting down a few Castles at the same time!