Audi Peepz, Allroad!?

Forrest Gump 9

Like the title said, Audi Allroad 2.7 with AT trans. How far can I take it before the tranny quit?

The car is '01, with 95k and every service record since new. I know these things have the air-ride system that like to go bad, I'll upgrade them to coilovers the day that happen. What else do I have to look for? Thanks

I've always like the way the Allroad looks. My 4runner is getting long in the tooth and i'm frankly getting tired of it, so time for a new winter beater. Good idea?

01 means unless it's been replaced, will soon need a torque converter.

Seriously Modifying a 2.7t behind a tip is almost pointless and always ends poorly.

The 2.7T can nickle and dime you to death, if you are very comfortable with an engine/tranny pull to replace 2 turbos WHEN (not if) they go, by all means go for it.

If you are lucky, make or buy some "piggy pipes" and get a flash. Much beyond that and you'll need a pile of spare trannies. Yes, level10 and IPT can modify the tip, but it's no guarantee.

PS: PM Me the car info if you want.

I'd wait for a manual. Personally I think the 2.7 is way cooler...and in the A6/Allroad chassis the turbos seem to be a lot more reliable, but it's no guarantee. The 2.7 has a tendency to turn your car from a DD/Winter beater, into a 500hp toy..............dammit.

There is a guy on audizine that has an allroad that lives in Ohio, he actually offroads it's pretty hardcore from what I gathered. I saw a ton of them over in Germany, and the new ones look pretty snazzy.

No actual proof but I hear the Allroad's fair better on turbos for 2 reasons - more room in the engine bay to keep the turbos cool and easier to replace if they do go for the same reason.

This is true for all the larger chassis (Allroad aka a6 avant with airbags) & the 2.7t A6, but no guarantee.

Just reminding him that this is not like buying a 100K mile old Civic.

You have an exceptionally complicated (by comparison) motor with 2 turbos and a million water/oil/ aux water/ lines and various issues that are never introduced on a normal car. Engine / tranny comes out for any serious work.

There is nothing to guarantee that a month from now, he hears the call of the turbo lady and is now out 90-100% of it's purchase price for turbos & labor.

Mind you, this is the same for any used car (civic could blow it's engine) but the cost ratio is ridiculous by comparison.

This isn't taking into account the problematic torque converter (upgraded in 04) that will most certainly go not too long after chipping.

If you are comfortable doing the work yourself, or have a close friend who will help, by all means. They are exceptionally rewarding cars to own, but you should be prepared to maintain a $50-60K 100k mile old car. A lot different than owning a 100K mile old $12k brand new civic.

:megusta: