For our non motorized two wheeled friends...

Moto-Brian

Mountain Biking has always been something I have really enjoyed. Unfortunately, I never have enough time...

Anyways, had a sweet XC bike that I built and recently sold. Decided to go All Mountain and do a build with a company from Cali.

Company is called Chumba Bikes and they build some SICK frames. They are well noted for DH bikes, but have been getting into more and more lighter duty machines.

This is an XCL frame.

-They shot peen the frames and anodize them.

-Fox Vanilla RLC front fork with a 15mm Through Axle (Normally a 9mm quick release axle on most bikes.

-Fox PR23 rear

-SRAM X.9 throughout

-Avid Juicy 5 brakes (suck)

Overall, a really killer company to work with and they can tailor to your budget and whatever grouping of components you want. I did a few color combos that are unique and make it somewhat different than a typical bike you'd buy at the shop...

Thing rips and feels freakin super balanced...

GREAT tool for training for you track day guys and especially you racers.

sideshotm.jpg

rearshot.jpg

forkshot.jpg

chumbahead.jpg

Sweet. I need to get mine out more, but I'm lazy. One of the coolest things I've ever done was ride the JEM trail in Utah.

I would say I would ride with you, but last time I rode I got lapped at Alum Creek by a guy riding a Huffy with a broken wheel. I really need to get in shape.

I have a mountain bike. I need to ride mine more. I think I will.

We are planning to cut trails at Bluegrass soon. Hopefully, this month...

If it is close, plan on coming down when we do events there. Can't do the track day? Who cares! Come ride Mtn bikes!

I've always been a Yeti fan. I've had two, a Lawwill DH9 and an AS-3. I miss mountain biking, especially downhill racing. I was just talking about this last night actually. I've been doing the gym thing trying to get back into shape. I need to quit smoking and get back on the bike. I still have my old Giant hardtail.

and you call me crazy for having guns, jeebus.

You mis understood me - I just said you were crazy!:D

I bust flounder's ass because he needs to get his bike finished... He spends more time polishing his gun than he does getting that bike done. As for his rifles, well.... not sure if he polishes those...:eek:

I bust flounder's ass because he needs to get his bike finished... He spends more time polishing his gun than he does getting that bike done. As for his rifles, well.... not sure if he polishes those...:eek:

soon enough my friend.. soon enough

I'm really looking forward to getting back to campus and getting back into cycling. I have really bad feet and can't run as exercise, so I've been planning to start riding my bike regularly. My dad just hooked me up with one of his old bikes and I plan on riding that trail along the Olentangy fairly regularly. I've never done mountain biking, but I'd really like to try it once I get my lower body in shape. My brother is really into it, but me going out riding with him would be roughly the equivalent of a guy fresh out of MSF trying to learn track riding by following Rossi around Laguna Seca...the fitness and experience gap is that large :p

Damn man how do you get all these bad ass mt. bikes??

I've got a old ass 2003 Gary Fisher and my wifes new Giant that I take to Alum Creek all the time.. If anyone wants to go out.. PM me, I ride all the time!

And you are right.. it gets ya in shape for racing!

Wal-mart $143

Right up until you ride say, Mohican and then that $143 bike gets a little sketchy... Maybe could ride at Alum by taking it easy, but even then if you get ANY bit of speed, you'd wear her out pretty quick.

You do get what you pay for, but there are PLENTY of bikes in that $300-sub $1000 range that will work. Components are what makes a bike and the frame as to how it is made...

Damn man how do you get all these bad ass mt. bikes??

I've got a old ass 2003 Gary Fisher and my wifes new Giant that I take to Alum Creek all the time.. If anyone wants to go out.. PM me, I ride all the time!

And you are right.. it gets ya in shape for racing!

I am going to try and do more Alum this year. Maybe we can get a group going...

I get deals via work. I would never pay $4k for a bike...

My mountain bike was stolen from my apt last summer. Probably a good thing since I got that Trek back when I was 13! I really want to get a new one but the money just isn't there.....

If I do buy one used, I would definitely join up with some people for a ride. I found that there is an access point to the Alum Creek Trail about 1/3 mile from my house and that trail is really nice: 22 miles from Westerville to Groveport and fairly fresh asphalt.

Why does everyone think I am crazy?! haha

Flounder polishes one thing in particular ALOT