WTB / Learn me on Kindles

nurkvinny

My Dad has asked me to find a Kindle for my niece, his grand daughter. The only thing we know about them is 3 gens, one or more has 3g, maybe wifi, and one is 9in instead of 6.

So, firstly, anyone selling one?

Secondly, any input from current owners? Is the 3g really free? How can they do that? Are you limited to what sites you can browse? Bigger screen better? Worse?

Thanks

Better off with a nook color

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a simple e-reader with great battery life, then the Kindle is better.

If you want something in between an e-reader and a tablet, then the Nook Color is better.

My Dad has asked me to find a Kindle for my niece, his grand daughter. The only thing we know about them is 3 gens, one or more has 3g, maybe wifi, and one is 9in instead of 6.

So, firstly, anyone selling one?

Secondly, any input from current owners? Is the 3g really free? How can they do that? Are you limited to what sites you can browse? Bigger screen better? Worse?

Thanks

I have a Wifi one I'd like to sell. PM me for details.

Kindle by far. If you are looking for it to read books there is no better screen on any environment. Way better than paper even. My Wife has the latest genertion and I have the previous one. We bought wifi and 3G capable ones. Service has no monthly fee.

If you want to surf get an iPad or like. The aren't good for books though. Well no where near as easy on the eyes.