WTB: Fox Mustang in decent shape. 5-spd only.

twistedfocus1647545489

Well, even though I was absolutely sure I was just going to rip off the SC and go turbo right away I think I need to sort some other shit out first.

I found the car had an old Pro-flo MAF (shitty modified stock housing) and a tiny air filter cobbled on the end of it. Not only that, but the reason it ran so rich at idle is that MAF is dead. It ran the exact same with the MAF unplugged. I upgraded all that last night. It now has a Ligthning MAF (custom chip in the ECU to work correctly) with a huge filter. I'm surprised at how well all of that fits in the fender.

It also needed an alternator and one of the bolts broke off in the damn bracket, so I'm fighting with that so that I can get it back on the road to finish out the tune.

:fuuuu:

Well, even though I was absolutely sure I was just going to rip off the SC and go turbo right away I think I need to sort some other shit out first.

I found the car had an old Pro-flo MAF (shitty modified stock housing) and a tiny air filter cobbled on the end of it. Not only that, but the reason it ran so rich at idle is that MAF is dead. It ran the exact same with the MAF unplugged. I upgraded all that last night. It now has a Ligthning MAF (custom chip in the ECU to work correctly) with a huge filter. I'm surprised at how well all of that fits in the fender.

It also needed an alternator and one of the bolts broke off in the damn bracket, so I'm fighting with that so that I can get it back on the road to finish out the tune.

:fuuuu:

3G upgrade and might want to check the belt INSIDE the blower

3G upgrade and might want to check the belt INSIDE the blower

I got the JEGS 100amp direct fit upgrade alternator. It was cheap.

As for the internal blower belt, the car made boost the couple of times I have driven it. So it's intact apparently (so far :fa:). Valid point though. If the blower wasn't spinning I'd imagine that would cause it to run like ass. It actually runs fairly well right now in spite of itself.

I got the JEGS 100amp direct fit upgrade alternator. It was cheap.

As for the internal blower belt, the car made boost the couple of times I have driven it. So it's intact apparently (so far :fa:). Valid point though. If the blower wasn't spinning I'd imagine that would cause it to run like ass. It actually runs fairly well right now in spite of itself.

The problem is with the factory plugs on the Fox alternator..... known to cause fires. There are good write ups on a 3G upgrade from a 94-95 GT and run some knew charging wire and a breaker.

I would just check it to make sure its not about to break and if it is call 928 Motorsports for a new upgraded belt. Powerdynes work for a stockish build so I would keep it for now.

The problem is with the factory plugs on the Fox alternator..... known to cause fires.

Yeah, the factory plug was all corroded to shit so I spliced in a new one when I swapped them out (or tried swapping at least). I may look into it some more. I'd hate to see the thing burn to the ground.

Needs more blower whine.....Vortech?

Powerdynes are nearly silent. If I take the Powerdyne off it's going turbo and will whine plenty then.

Yeah, the factory plug was all corroded to shit so I spliced in a new one when I swapped them out (or tried swapping at least). I may look into it some more. I'd hate to see the thing burn to the ground.

Powerdynes are nearly silent. If I take the Powerdyne off it's going turbo and will whine plenty then.

Dont forget the heads studs and MLS gaskets :)

Dont forget the heads studs and MLS gaskets :)

That's the other thing making me want to stick with what I have. This has standard Fel-Pros (1011-2) and ARP bolts. It would probably work for modest boost on the turbo setup too, but I'm probably to anal to take the risk.

I can always make a simple swap way more complicated and expensive. :dumb:

That's the other thing making me want to stick with what I have. This has standard Fel-Pros (1011-2) and ARP bolts. It would probably work for modest boost on the turbo setup too, but I'm probably to anal to take the risk.

I can always make a simple swap way more complicated and expensive. :dumb:

Welcome, the punch is over there