Battlefield 3

CRed05

The beta is still full of the same bugs from the alpha, but even on the lowest settings on PC it looks SICK

There are definitely some bugs. The graphics will sometimes go underneath the map when you die, but I've seen that happen in COD too. Sometimes the aim and run buttons don't work, so you have to swap weapons or come to a complete stop before they start working. I wouldn't say it has anymore bugs than when a COD game gets released.

I like how you can see lens flare from enemy scopes, very cool.

There are definitely some bugs. The graphics will sometimes go underneath the map when you die, but I've seen that happen in COD too. Sometimes the aim and run buttons don't work, so you have to swap weapons or come to a complete stop before they start working. I wouldn't say it has anymore bugs than when a COD game gets released.

Yeah for sure. But it is beta and bugs glitches are expected.

After playing Caspian Border, it feels like a true BF game. Nothing like Rush on metro.

Well the aim and run button working would kind of be worse than your typical COD bug haha. Cause I mean thats basic controller functions. Most COD bugs are when people figure out a combination of random objects/movements can create some glitch in the game. Al la carepackage, stinger missile, etc.

Origin is a fuckfest compared to steam. Regardless, played it on PC for a good portion of the game. it for the most part, has proven to be a fantastic game. EA has hurt it in ways with Origin and their other stupid bullshit, but it is one of their largest titles and therefor the one they are most likely to whore out for more money.

TL;DR, should of given up and used Steam.

Noone made you download it. Plays great on xbox, definitly a lot better than MoH. Is it the COD killer everyone was ranting about, i think not. I'll enjoy both of them this holiday seasons for sure.

i DL on xbox live but never got to plaay because the servers were 'down for maintenance'

Going to be playing the beta alot this evening with a few buddies (hopefully) but a mix of what I've observed and been reading.

- Bad connection all around (this is likely because they don't have enough servers)

- Problems/difficulties with squads, keeping the right squads, etc.

- Seeing through the level especially why in prone

- Aiming and sprinting button not working

- Damage on certain guns could use some rebalancing

Everything else is pretty solid, this game definitly feels a lot different than previous battlefields but I think thats a positive, its much faster passed when you are talking up close battles. But you can still sit back and reign down hell with a sniper rifle because of the map structure.

Anyone having trouble with aimming should be happy because in the past battlefield games where to forgiving. People don't just typically fire off a LMG at full auto at 200 yards and get head shots all day. I think the aimming and hit's you get after are perfect.

But the damage may be another thing, I find myself emptying a whole magazine into someone with the M4 and AK74M (their submachine guns). And I am talking at close range.