Street racing a crime???

phil

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait didn't you tell that kid with the stang and I quote " don't race in the parking lot do it on 270 where it's actually legal " you lied to that poor kid.

I didn't get the lot in trouble I got myself In Trouble. When you take part in these events you know the consequences, either u accept it and risk it, or you don't. I will take the risk. Prolly not nearly as often cause I don't have endless funds but I can't say it's completely detered me. Just slowing it down

I didn't get the lot in trouble I got myself In Trouble. When you take part in these events you know the consequences, either u accept it and risk it, or you don't. I will take the risk. Prolly not nearly as often cause I don't have endless funds but I can't say it's completely detered me. Just slowing it down

THE most responible thing i've ever seen nor heard you say. I sheded a tear

it only puts me at 8 points

Only :confused:

Your post don't make sense, how can you get a ticket for street racing (its in the title), be going over 100 (which is excessive speed) both of which are required court appearences....you got pulled over on some dumb shit and you're trying to play it up.

Anything 25mph over the limit can get you a reckless op. Cops judgement call. Last I heard reckless ops were 6pts not 4pts. Perhaps another judgement call but I'll let the LEO's here chime in. Either way it's an expensive issues both short term and long term.

Only :confused:

Anything 25mph over the limit can get you a reckless op. Cops judgement call. Last I heard reckless ops were 6pts not 4pts. Perhaps another judgement call but I'll let the LEO's here chime in. Either way it's an expensive issues both short term and long term.

that and most DUI's get busted down to a reckless op, so the insurance company's are gonna rape you too

Edited by SinisterSS

that and most DUI's get busted down to a wreckless op, so the insurance company's are gonna rape you too

not necessarily, however you are correct about the insurance, they're both Major offenses with your insurance carrier hence viewed in the same light.

Thing is no matter if it's a 2 point wreckless (I've pled one down to 2 points before) or a million points your insurance carrier doesn't care, wreckless is wreckless to them. It'll hold you in a non-standard company (higher base rates) 5 years from the date of the ticket.

If this is really your 2nd you're already rated in a nonstandard company, if it's your first try to fight it...even excessive speed, no matter how many points, is better than wreckless as your insurance will suffer.

not necessarily, however you are correct about the insurance, they're both Major offenses with your insurance carrier hence viewed in the same light.

Thing is no matter if it's a 2 point wreckless (I've pled one down to 2 points before) or a million points your insurance carrier doesn't care, wreckless is wreckless to them. It'll hold you in a non-standard company (higher base rates) 5 years from the date of the ticket.

If this is really your 2nd you're already rated in a nonstandard company, if it's your first try to fight it...even excessive speed, no matter how many points, is better than wreckless as your insurance will suffer.

100% correct

Ask me how I know :(

I got wreckless op when I totaled my STi. My dad told state farm if they jack my rates up he will move all of his auto/home/whatever he had under state farm to another company. Obviously my insurance is still under him, but I pay less now than before the accident lol guess they wanted his business.

I just got cited for Wreckless Operation. This is how it went down:

Officer: "I pulled you over because I noticed that you managed to not wreck into those cars back there."

Me: "That's right, Officer. I did not wreck into anything."

Officer: "Now, is it true that some of your cars catch on fire?"

Me: "That's the rumor. However, I don't wreck into people, that's for sure."

Officer: "Then, in the absence of a wreck, I think I'll have to cite you for Wreckless Operation."

Me: "Is it anything like Reckless Operation?"

Officer: "No, you moron. Reckless Operation is when you recklessly operate your vehicle, like going 100 mph and things like that. Wreckless Operation is when you don't wreck into anything. Get it, retard?"

Me: "Yes, so sorry, thanks for that explanation."

Officer: "Here's your citation. Please, keep up the wrecklessness."

Me: "Will do."

• Upvote 2

Thanks, that's info I didn't know. Deffintly will look into that. I know if/ when it gets to my insurance I am deep shit seeing as I'm already paying 288 a month :(

I just got cited for Wreckless Operation. This is how it went down:

Officer: "I pulled you over because I noticed that you managed to not wreck into those cars back there."

Me: "That's right, Officer. I did not wreck into anything."

Officer: "Now, is it true that some of your cars catch on fire?"

Me: "That's the rumor. However, I don't wreck into people, that's for sure."

Officer: "Then, in the absence of a wreck, I think I'll have to cite you for Wreckless Operation."

Me: "Is it anything like Reckless Operation?"

Officer: "No, you moron. Reckless Operation is when you recklessly operate your vehicle, like going 100 mph and things like that. Wreckless Operation is when you don't wreck into anything. Get it, retard?"

Me: "Yes, so sorry, thanks for that explanation."

Officer: "Here's your citation. Please, keep up the wrecklessness."

Me: "Will do."

Bravo, Johnny Bravo. Bravo indeed.

reputation added.