Can anyone offer me legal advice?

bmwohio

When I was hit by an uninsured, my insurance said to pay my deductible and they would pursue the other motorist and return the deductible if they were successful. They told me if I wanted to not pay it, I could sue them directly, but then they wouldn't pay anything.

Needless to say, I didn't get my deductible back.

I think ICE needs to know that the spaghetti warehouse is employing illegals

Straight where my mind went. My Mom was hit on private property twice in one year by uninsured jackasses. Her legal options were few. The 2nd time we drove to the woman's house and told her we would be back every night until she paid. She threatened to call the cops... on us. We said, "have at it". Bitch had the cash in Dad's hand the first night.

Fuck people.

yeah that sucks. check with your insurance company about the injury. the coverage will be called unisured motorist bodily injury. basically your insurance campany will pay you for bills and pain and suffering just as if they were the other parties insurance. yes you will be out your deductible. however, it may be possible the owner of the car had insurance?? or if he was a kid if his parents have insurance if would cover him if he was living in the house, even with him not being on the policy. I guess just be thankful everyone is ok and you had insurance.

fyi - it is completely reason for you to contact him to try and get your deductible from him. just do it profressionaly.

wow, Kale, sorry to hear man

I have to agree that extortion (personally showing up and bugging him) may not be the best course of action...won't be good for you when legal stuff needs to go down.... but calling may be acceptable

I hope it all works out for Beth and you but I really don't have much to contribute

my car did get hit once and I had to pay my comprehensive deductible to get it fixed since it was a hit n run with my car parked at a lot...i came back and saw the damage...no cameras, SOL on my part and I was out $250 and 1 month without my ride...but no physical damage to my person obviously since I was not in the vehicle at the time

Thanks everyone (except jeffro:finger:) Thanks everyone. Beth is actually feeling ok today (we were anticipating alot of soreness). An officer did show up to the scene, he didn't have ID, so I guess SOP is to do a patdown, cuff, and put in the back of cruiser (that's what he did). But he basically told Beth that they would impound the car, give him a ticket, and then cut him loose. We did get his information (name, address, place of business). We spoke with our insurance company yesterday and they will actually go after him on our behalf and re-coop our deductible before they re-coop $$ for the damages (was happy to hear that). We have very good insurance, so I everything will get fixed and we are covered up to $100,000 for medical if Beth needed to go to ER/Urgent Care/etc.

Again, thanks for all the well wishes, and I will keep you posted with any new news.

Have a good Friday everyone.

Thanks everyone (except jeffro:finger:) Thanks everyone. Beth is actually feeling ok today (we were anticipating alot of soreness). An officer did show up to the scene, he didn't have ID, so I guess SOP is to do a patdown, cuff, and put in the back of cruiser (that's what he did). But he basically told Beth that they would impound the car, give him a ticket, and then cut him loose. We did get his information (name, address, place of business). We spoke with our insurance company yesterday and they will actually go after him on our behalf and re-coop our deductible before they re-coop $$ for the damages (was happy to hear that). We have very good insurance, so I everything will get fixed and we are covered up to $100,000 for medical if Beth needed to go to ER/Urgent Care/etc.

Again, thanks for all the well wishes, and I will keep you posted with any new news.

Have a good Friday everyone.

This thread needs to be burned and tossed in the DO NOT OPEN box.