Aluminium filler?

Sturg1647545502

So i developed an oil leak coming from DR650's generator cover. Drained the oil, pulled everything apart and found this

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/snowdoc83/IMAG0529.jpg

So a) what can i use to fill these small gaps and b) is there a "by the book" way of replacing a gasket cover? Go at the old paper gasket with a razor blade and get it as spotless as possible, then what?

+ 1 for leveling the surface.

I typically use a fine toothed file, lay it flat on the face and carefully knock down the high spots. Go slow and check your progress often to make sure you're cutting away only the high spots.

Also, clean the hell out of everything with flammable style brake clean or acetone before assembly, that will help identify the exact source of the leak if said leak continues.

I dont know if this shows in the picture but its a chip in the block not a high spot of a burr. I think ill just fill it in with some high temp gasket silicone and then leave it at that. I', More concerned how it happened.

After putting a huge aftermarket FCR carb with power now and power now plus and a custom shorty exhaust i was cruising on the freeway at speeds WELL above what a normal dirtbike can do on the freeway. On teh off ramp stoplight is noticed the leak.

If it doesn't extend all the way through the gasket sealing surface there's no reason to do anything to the thing. The marks I'm seeing appear to be pry marks.

THAT makes more sense; after all i am the 3rd owner. When i pulled the cover off the gasket was destroyed around that area of the marring pictured, so i automatically assumed they were related.

I would feel a lot better knowing that a paper gasket let go all by its self and the marks are from one of the previous owners instead of some mystery damage.

As i was falling asleep last night i was trying to rap my head around how a mark like that developed with out any other damage.

positive rep