Galaxy Nexus

Gergwheel1647545492

I would like to keep this thread on track for info on the new phone. Apple fags need not apply.

Basically what i know is 720p screen, 4.6" screen and Ice Cream. anyone know anything about processor or memory? how about initial costs? Anyone else considering buying this phone when it comes out Tuesday?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the teaser video they released yesterday? I'm definitely getting it. I still think my old Nexus One is one of the best phones out there, and the Nexus S wasn't a worthy successor, but this one looks like it will be. It will be a dual core 1.5Ghz processor.

I really wish it wasn't Samsung...

I agree. When you look at the feel of the Nexus S, it feels plastic and cheap, but then you look at the Galaxy II and it's a solid phone. From the rumors and teaser, I think it won't be a problem. The other thing that sucks about Samsung is TouchWiz, but we won't have to worry about that on a Nexus device.

How's this phone sit in the mix with the iPhone 4S and the (rumors) of the Prime? I'm on AT&T if it makes any difference in the hardware e.g. net speeds due to chip issues.

It's more on par with the 4S. 1.2ghz dual core (1.5 on T-Mobile), 1GB Ram, and TouchWiz is even very iOS looking. I think it has a nicer screen, very thin. AT&T's version has the smaller screen, 4.3" instead of 4.5. The AT&T one is more like the one that the rest of the world is getting, and the S2 is supposedly NFC ready, but it's not currently enabled. The S2 is an HSPA+ phone, capable of 21mbps, faster than the 4S.

With the 4S only being 1Ghz and no NFC, I think it's a phone that fits nicely into other phones available today, where the S2 a little bit more of a "tomorrow" phone, and the Nexus will be more of a next week's phone. If you want to get an Android, it would be silly not to get the Nexus IMO.

I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving my Dinc for this. I love my Dinc, but can't wait to try this thing out. I'm stoked for Ice Cream Sammich and to see what it offers.. My only complaint is that I hear the main camera is 'only' 5M, which I think is kind of shitty considering the standard now appears to be 8M. Oh well, I probably won't even notice the difference since all I do is send pics via text.

I agree. When you look at the feel of the Nexus S, it feels plastic and cheap, but then you look at the Galaxy II and it's a solid phone. From the rumors and teaser, I think it won't be a problem. The other thing that sucks about Samsung is TouchWiz, but we won't have to worry about that on a Nexus device.

Exactly what I was thinking about. The Nexus S felt like just plain crap, however I haven't gotten to play with the Galaxy yet. I wish it was HTC so that if I REALLY wanted to I could run Sense. I hate Samsung's UI, if I wanted an iPhone, I'd buy one.

Some new specs...little dissapointed on the CPU and Camera, but MP's aren't everything.

• Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

• 9mm thin

• 4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass

• TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz

• 1GB of RAM

• 32GB of built-in storage

• 5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front

• 1080p HD video capture support

• LTE/HSPA depending on carrier

• Wi-Fi a/b/g/n

• NFC

• 1,750 mAh battery

damn those specs on the camera aren't great....

kind of what i figured on the RAM and PROC though.

Don't be fooled by MPs alone. The iPhone4 is "only" 5MP and it takes pretty amazing photos for a phone. I have seen a bunch of phones with 8MP or so cameras that consistently take shitty photos.

"Update: A new batch of rumored specs have surfaced over on GSM Arena, and these seem to be more in line with what we'd expect of a new Nexus. According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster."