AT&T Rep needed

jeffro

Did either of you get swindled out of your unlimited data with the vague shady shit they pulled on their website? I'm on hold with CS right now to find out for sure.

Apparently if you order on Apple's website it's no problem. For some reason I assumed my carrier would be less likely to rob me.

I feel with the iPhone 4s coming out next week alot of people may debating on staying with AT&T or sitching networks to or from. So if AT&T is giving an issue please discuss it.

This has nothing to do with any phones.

my issue is that i started my AT&T contract with my 3gs in november 2009 and then bought the iphone 4 outright and now they are claiming i dont have an upgrade until march of 2012....i was irate with the lady on the phone. I WANT TO SPEND MONEY AND YOU WONT LET ME..... Y U NO MAKE SENSE!?

my issue is that i started my AT&T contract with my 3gs in november 2009 and then bought the iphone 4 outright and now they are claiming i dont have an upgrade until march of 2012....i was irate with the lady on the phone. I WANT TO SPEND MONEY AND YOU WONT LET ME..... Y U NO MAKE SENSE!?

That is shitty man, I have had my issues with AT&T in the past they have corrected it by discounting my service. I am looking at Verizon and Sprint for the 4s, but I pay $69 with AT&T and have unlimited data and text and 450 min. From what the Sprint rep told me I would be paying at least $79 a month with iPhone if not more. And I have not got to stop into Verizon yet.

...so it appears they are working on re-wording their site regarding the unlimited data plan. They say that if you don't change your plan during checkout you are actually just carrying over the existing "grandfathered" unlimited plan. It doesn;t say shit about it being unlimited though, leading myself and others to suspect fuckery.

Time will tell, but I feel better.

Did either of you get swindled out of your unlimited data with the vague shady shit they pulled on their website? I'm on hold with CS right now to find out for sure.

Apparently if you order on Apple's website it's no problem. For some reason I assumed my carrier would be less likely to rob me.

say what? what was the shit on the website?

say what? what was the shit on the website?

They have a message that they require a change in your data plan, but the default plan just says "iPhone data plan". It doesn't say unlimited but it's $30 just like mine is now, so I went with it. Apparently that is the correct selection. All of the other options were obviously not what I wanted (200MB, 2 & 4Gig).

If you are switching from a non Iphone to an Iphone you will lose your unlimited data, no getting around that. It's been like that since last year, or whenever they got rid of their unlimited data.

As far as the upgrade goes, every time a new IPhone comes out, AT&T will allow you to upgrade at new customer rates. This was true with the IP4 at least. Even if I got my 3gs a month before the 4 came out you could still upgrade for $200 to the 4. I don't see them changing this plan this time around, but I'm not working for them anymore so I can't give you a %100 solid answer.

Don't switch to Verizon for the Iphone, you wont even have any sort of 4g. At least ATT will have HSPDA.

I would get back on the phone with your ATT rep.

You will not get any cheaper with any carrier. I have this exact plan with ATT and I pay 96 a month. If you switch to Verizon you'll lose unlimited data and pay 91 a month.

Thanks, So If I upgrade to to the 4s (currently have the 3Gs) I will still only pay the $30 for unlimited?