The Official 2011/2012 Columbus Blue Jackets thread.

Sturg1647545502

This has to do with the Blue Jackets, tard

They suck. The inept mayor is using revenue that the people in the area didn't even want in the first place to buy an area for a team that loses money.

So make a thread about it. No one's forcing you to stay in this one. Rally your supporters around your cause elsewhere, we're talking about Blue Jackets HOCKEY not Blue Jackets POLITICS in here.

I agree about Schneider, though Atkinson is enough BC blood on the team for my liking. I'd love to see Tuukka but I'm biased after watching him for years in Beantown and watching my BU Icedogs get shit on by Schneider. Still, a quality goalie is a quality goalie and I'd love to see someone who learned from Bobby Lu in our net.

So make a thread about it. No one's forcing you to stay in this one. Rally your supporters around your cause elsewhere, we're talking about Blue Jackets HOCKEY not Blue Jackets POLITICS in here.

ummm... SAME GOD DAMNED THING!!!

Why should I need to make a thread about the Blue Jackets, when this is a thread about the Blue Jackets. The deal is happening in the 11-12 season. This thread is about the 11-12 season.

If you guys don't want to talk about it, ignore my posts instead of making stupid responses like "DURR I LIKE HOCKEY!!!"

ummm... SAME GOD DAMNED THING!!!

Why should I need to make a thread about the Blue Jackets, when this is a thread about the Blue Jackets. The deal is happening in the 11-12 season. This thread is about the 11-12 season.

If you guys don't want to talk about it, ignore my posts instead of making stupid responses like "DURR I LIKE HOCKEY!!!"

Obvious troll is obvious

I agree about Schneider, though Atkinson is enough BC blood on the team for my liking. I'd love to see Tuukka but I'm biased after watching him for years in Beantown and watching my BU Icedogs get shit on by Schneider. Still, a quality goalie is a quality goalie and I'd love to see someone who learned from Bobby Lu in our net.

There is no way Boston is going to give up Rask. Thomas is a great goalie, but it's obvious he's not going to play like this for that much longer, his age is getting up there. With how great Jonathan Quick is playing right now, I think it'd be a great time to flood the LA Kings with offers for Jonathan Bernier.

You all almost sound as bad as the idiots over on HFboards.

We have half of our defense out currently, probably 2 of our best (Wiz and Methot), we also have 2 of our top 6 forwards on IR, and Boll/Dekanich are out. There's probably not many people who are more missed than I, but almost any team is going to have problem when half their team is hurt. Just look at the NJ Devils at the beginning of last year.

Through my years of playing competitive hockey I've seen how other players are only good with other good players. When their support is gone and they have to be the person that makes things happen their game drops because they just can't do it.

Nash is a great player, he put up huge numbers in the Olympics for Canada when he had players that could open up plays for him and get him the puck, he's just not a facilitator.

Yes, we are missing two solid defensive players, but we've had a solid defense in past years and CBJ offense just plain does not produce the way they need to. They don't sustain any real pressure in the offensive zone. You don't see the CBJ offense outworking a team to exhaustion in the offensive zone. It's literally dump and chase 2-1-2 hockey to start the game, a goal gets scored on either end and they play 1-2-2 hockey to play it safe.

I wanted to see the CBJ pick up Bryzgalov (sp?) and give Mason a reason to earn/ hold his spot.

They need some time to grow as a team, we've made a decent amount of changes this year, but this start has all of their heads hanging low, and Nash isn't going to do anything in the locker room to pull their heads up.

CBJ will be out of playoff contention before December.

I still enjoy having a hockey team in Columbus regardless of how good or bad they are. Just my thoughts on the team.

There is no way Boston is going to give up Rask. Thomas is a great goalie, but it's obvious he's not going to play like this for that much longer, his age is getting up there. With how great Jonathan Quick is playing right now, I think it'd be a great time to flood the LA Kings with offers for Jonathan Bernier.

L.A. is going to want ridiculous compensation for him.

I would, however, be in favor of a blockbuster deal involving Jack Johnson as well. Maybe Bernier + Johnson for Mase + Johanson + Draft pick

not that I want to see Johanson leave, but that's going to be what people want to take on the burden of Mase

L.A. is going to want ridiculous compensation for him.

I would, however, be in favor of a blockbuster deal involving Jack Johnson as well. Maybe Bernier + Johnson for Mase + Johanson + Draft pick

not that I want to see Johanson leave, but that's going to be what people want to take on the burden of Mase

I like it. And your right its definitly going to take alot.

Does anyone read a blog called Light The Lamp? he proposed an interesting trade, Boston and Cbus, Seguin + Rask for Nash.

ok calm down, Im on the side that says we should definitly NOT get rid of nash but the author of the blog proposed this question. A few games ago there were 27 NHL scouts at the CBJ game, what player on our team would garner such attention? certainly not Mason on his own, or brassard or vermette... Its sad to say and i hate even thinking about it bc i like nash and i think he's a beast but hes the only one on this team that everyone else wants.

I did hear they were shopping Vermette and Brass, and of a possible trade for Nabokov but with Rick Diepietro STILL (isnt he always?) hurt the islander's probably wont let him go.

ok calm down, Im on the side that says we should definitly NOT get rid of nash but the author of the blog proposed this question. A few games ago there were 27 NHL scouts at the CBJ game, what player on our team would garner such attention? certainly not Mason on his own, or brassard or vermette... Its sad to say and i hate even thinking about it bc i like nash and i think he's a beast but hes the only one on this team that everyone else wants.

There are a lot of NHL GM's that think Ryan Johansen is going to be a star in the league soon, that's another possibility. With Nash signed still long term, I think I'd need a draft pick with Seguin and Rask.

Only was able to watch a few minutes here and there but the Bj's looked good. Weve been catching fire and medic calls all night...it seems as soon as we get back and get the reports in we get dinged out again. From what I saw Detroit looked as fast and hard hitting as ever, so we kept up?

Does anyone read a blog called Light The Lamp? he proposed an interesting trade, Boston and Cbus, Seguin + Rask for Nash.

I did hear they were shopping Vermette and Brass, and of a possible trade for Nabokov but with Rick Diepietro STILL (isnt he always?) hurt the islander's probably wont let him go.

I like that idea. Seguin is still unproven talent though. He's good right now because he's got tough, good linemates to keep the attention off him. I'd still love Rask but both Julien and Chiarelli are of the same opinion when it comes to saying they have 2 #1 goalies in their roster. I don't think Rask is on the trading block.

Vermette would be a good guy to trade. He's a top line center-style player who's not good enough to play top line center. He's gotta be a productive scorer, not just a good distributor. They brought him in to be someone who could pass to Nash and set him up for goals, but he has failed in that respect.

I think one of the guys that is underappreciated and underutilized by CBJ is Derek Dorsett. I think with a little help, he could be a Pat Verbeek-esque influence on the team. He's already shown his ability and willingness to earn time in the box and throw hands with bigger guys, they just need to find a way to get him to his minor league offensive production.

From the last bit of the game I got to see after work, the CBJ looked good. They were fighting for pucks and trying to win all of the one on one battles. They were making Detroit react to what they were doing and seemed to have a good amount of control of the game.

Let's hope this keeps up.

I think one of the guys that is underappreciated and underutilized by CBJ is Derek Dorsett. I think with a little help, he could be a Pat Verbeek-esque influence on the team. He's already shown his ability and willingness to earn time in the box and throw hands with bigger guys, they just need to find a way to get him to his minor league offensive production.

Dorse is one of my favorite players on the team. That kid gives 110% everytime I've ever seen him step on the ice, and a super nice guy. My son loves him.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/36413_1311958766363_1452464254_30638204_7440400_n.jpg

Mayorov has really been the same way this season as well. Previously when he got called up to the bigs he seemed like a typical russian player, but I think he finally realized this was getting close to the end for him to actually become a full-time NHLer. Probably doesn't want his career to end up like Filatov's.

Dorse is one of my favorite players on the team. That kid gives 110% everytime I've ever seen him step on the ice, and a super nice guy. My son loves him.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/36413_1311958766363_1452464254_30638204_7440400_n.jpg

Shit like that^^^ is why I say hockey is the best sport around.

I like that idea. Seguin is still unproven talent though. He's good right now because he's got tough, good linemates to keep the attention off him. I'd still love Rask but both Julien and Chiarelli are of the same opinion when it comes to saying they have 2 #1 goalies in their roster. I don't think Rask is on the trading block.

Vermette would be a good guy to trade. He's a top line center-style player who's not good enough to play top line center. He's gotta be a productive scorer, not just a good distributor. They brought him in to be someone who could pass to Nash and set him up for goals, but he has failed in that respect.

EXACTLY! Dont get me wrong i think Seguin is/will be a great player in this league but he's on a team with thats really deep and doesnt absolutly 'need' his talent on the ice so they can burry him on the 4th line and have some unsuspecting offensive threat going against another teams checking line. Will he be just as good or even better than Nash? eh, way too soon to tell and personally i dont think so.

ive always hated the idea of trading nash, mostly b/c i have NEVER heard a competant argument as to why we should. I always hear "we could get 2 decent/25 goal guys for nash" are you fucking kidding me?! So you want two Scottie Upshall's for Nash? Fuck that noise. The only good argument I have heard is that Nash could be the reason why we have a shitty lockerroom. That his lacksidaisical (sp?) approach to practices is infectious to the whole team. The only difference is he has the pure skill to overcome it and no one else does. Is this possible? maybe. Who knows.

One person i always wanted was joe thorton. I wish there was some way in hell we could've picked him up instead of jeff carter. Thorton is a TRUE #1 pivot center who complements snipers like nash. Im sure jumbo joe is locked up in san jose until the end of time but still, san jose has shown they're willing to part with some offensive assets in the past (trading setteguchi and dany heatley) so you never know i suppose.

If we can group together some W's I would love to see more of Cam atkinson and Calvert on the same line. Maybe with Johansen? just let them get some chemistry going with each other, they all have so much talent.

What. a. game. last. night. Probably some of the best CBJ hockey ive seen since their brief stent in the post season a few years ago. Or maybe when they shalacked detroit at home early last year.

Eitther way, a damn good game. I was really surprised to see Dorset not get any post game recognition.

Hell, Nash almost threw down after receiving a high stick to the lip

And Bass went after the Ducks Captain Getzlaf

http://www.hockeyfights.com/quickhits/entry/ducks-blue-jackets-spark-up-sunday

Edited by Sturg