iPhone 4/5 vs. HTC Evo

zeitgeist57

Alright, phone phags...

My wife is getting an iPhone 4, and wants to give it to me when Sprint gets the iPhone 5. Her reasoning is that all of her apps on the iPad are compatible. Also, we can do the cutesy face-to-face videophone thing.

However, for $99 the HTC Evo seems very cool to me. I like the simplicity of Apple's interface, but can I use iPad apps on an Android device or will I have to download new apps? I need to stay with Sprint but do find myself using my BlackBerry more and more for internet access as well as personal email. I would really like to use a smartphone as an MP3 player...

Any opinions? The iPhone would definitely make me happy, but is the Evo a better piece of hardware?

Ipad apps don't work on Android, but most apps can be found on both platforms. So yes, you would have to re-download them.

Nice thing about video calling on Android is that you don't have to be on wifi.

This was true with ATT iphone 4.

As stated youll need to redownload the apps on your android phone, and if any of them are paid, youll have to buy them again. Unless you can get in touch with the developers and explain the situation.

This was true with ATT iphone 4.

...and the 4s

*Requires a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an Internet connection or a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a Wi-Fi connection. Not available in all areas.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/built-in-apps/facetime.html

What's different about the other ones on other networks?

I have an evo and I love it. It does everything and then some. Im not a fan of the iphone at all, they have a smaller screen, you have to buy alot more apps than you would on andriod, no 4G, and I just think the phone layout on the evo is a better design

If you already have another device on iOS, and the wife's device is/will be iOS, I would have to recommend another iOS device if only for simplicity.

This is coming from someone who owns both an Evo, and an HTC tablet.

Android anything is good. I have the Evo and the battery does suck balls. I do a lot of traveling/ am in bomb proof buildings so that runs it down more quickly, but it still wont last a day when im at home with good coverage. 4g gps and all that really takes a toll too

Im going to buy the extended battery with twice the mAh and im running a 32g card instead of the stock 8.

TL;DR youre going spend additional money once you buy the phone to get it where you want.