2000 VW Golf GLS hatchback

BMWGSXR

GLWS. My only insight to help the sale is to clean up the ad a bit. Potential buyers know it's age and likely need for some repairs. However, if you spell it out and as I read it, there's a ton wrong that I wouldn't want to mess with thus could turn a lot of people off. No need to list every single thing. Just trying to help, nothing more. Hope it does.

Minor issues:

• Check engine light is on due to the oxygen sensor. I have a replacement Bosch O2 sensor sitting in the trunk that will be included in the sale. MAG VW told me $300 to replace.
  • Airbag light is on, Not sure why, haven't pulled the code or checked any wires/fuses
  • A/C blows warm air

Given the nature of it, I would get the parking brake fixed prior to selling it. Just me though.

yeah agree with above post. I used to work for a vw dealer and parts and labor is typically the prices below for those repairs

parking brakes~ 250.00

oxygen sensor~ 300.00

AC stuff gets expensive~3-800.00

Airbag light~ diag plus repair ~100-500

Id fix number one and two and get closer to what you are asking or more out of the car. In its current shape I would say no on the 2250 price

Thanks for the input gents. I already bought a new car, so I have no interest in repairing this one. I know it will likely help sell it faster, but it can sit in front of my house for as long as it needs to.

I'm not sure when the last time the timing belt was changed, I've owned it since 07/07 and it hasn't been done during my ownership. And you are correct, this is a 2.0.

If someone here was interested I would sell for $1,800, that's what I put down on my new car, and all I really have to have out of it.

Thanks again.