Gant Langston award

clone

My son designed and made this award at work that was presented to Grant Saturday night at Monster Energy Cup 2011 on Speed TV.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x108/clone50/GrantLangstontrophyaward.jpg

Fantastic sculpture. What is the basic material he used, and what is the process?

He told me he started with a picture of Grant and a dirt bike but not the pro bike he rides. He used cardboard to make cut outs and then wood frames and styrofoam . Then he used some type of plaster and shaped everything. As far as the final shaping I am not sure. They found a bronze coating to cover everything and then a chemical to give it the patina look like the company that did the memorial at the Twin Towers with all the peoples names that lost their lives.

There is a shop in Zanesville that builds bronze statues and he help with advise and now wants Tony to do his motorcyles that people want bronze statues of.

The most impressive thing to me is he did it start to finish in just 13 very long days.

Man! That's AWESOME!!!!! The sculpture is cool too!!! LOL

Seriously, he's feakin GOOD!! You have to be a proud PAPA!

He is good. I have some drawings he did in high school that are outstanding. The scupture thing he is learning by doing. He company has done a couple before this but nothing this complex. He mostly has been doing design and wraps so this is new territory for a Graphic design company.

He did the design and installed the graphic on the Cuda's back window and I am trying to get him to do something for the hood.