ccw choice

dtbeedy

have a few options as to what i want for my ccw. the main two i was considering is a ruger lcp w/ crimson trace or a smith and wesson body guard .380. whats the general opinion on both? either one considerably better than the other.

Thanks,

Derick

i don't like the bodyguard because you have to activate the laser with a button on the slide, as with the body guard you just grip the gun and your good to go.

Are you solely looking at those guns for the laser? Why not a dimaondback .380. Budsgunshop has them at 289 right now, same price as the lcp without the ct.

theres no safety on a LCP but there is one on the LC9, also had a CW9 and I liked it a lot

Got them mixed up. Sorry.

The Ruger definitely does feel good in your hand though. I can't speak for the LCP as I've never held it, but I did hold the LC9 and I really liked the feel when gripping it.

Ruger SR9c/SR40c, S&W M&P, Glock 26/27, XD9(c/sc)/XD40(c/sc).

Shoot those 4. Best bang for your buck IMO and I'd trust my life to any of them.

Agreed im gonna pick up a SR40c, it comes with a grip extender and extended clip giving you the feel of a full size for big hands and less weight. Plus all of Rugers SR series guns are striker fire, in the event it falls it will NOT go off unless trigger is pulled.

Big fan of my LCP, makes a great pocket pistol for when I don't feel like wearing an IWB holster. I also like the S&W, so I would say whichever one feels more comfortable in your hands. I don't think either is all that great for shooting comfort anyway, just good at being tiny, yet serviceable handguns. So with that in mind ...

Government model 1911.

Big fan of my LCP, makes a great pocket pistol for when I don't feel like wearing an IWB holster. I also like the S&W, so I would say whichever one feels more comfortable in your hands. I don't think either is all that great for shooting comfort anyway, just good at being tiny, yet serviceable handguns. So with that in mind ...

Government model 1911.

I like how you think

:fuckyeah:

TheLCP is a handy tool. I'm getting on for a family member for it's size and simplicity. Personally, I don't want a safety on this type of weapon. The trigger is a heavy pull, enough so there's no reason for accidental discharge. Personal preferance is all.