WTB - POR-15

KillJoy

I have a partial quart of black you can have if it would keep you from buying a full quart, It's probably like 1/4 to 1/3 full but I'd have to check. If you don't think it would cover you I'd prefer to hang on to it though.

I have a partial quart you can have if it would keep you from buying a full quart, It's probably like 1/4 to 1/3 full but I'd have to check. If you don't think it would cover you I'd prefer to hang on to it though.

How much will it cover? I have a Bug's Engine Compartment to coat (yes... Compartment. It is not big enough to be a Bay!!! :D )

KillJoy

How much will it cover? I have a Bug's Engine Compartment to coat (yes... Compartment. It is not big enough to be a Bay!!! :D )

KillJoy

Eh, I doubt it would be enough honestly. I think I got mine from the Napa on South high though, if I recall. I really only covered a 2' x 2' area under the battery box with the amount I've used. Actually, wait, Geerhead Rob decided to use some of it himself on Tyler's Mustang as well.... what great memories.

it will peel off its total crap. go get eastwood chassis black from jegs.

I'd say that's very subjective, and probably varies based on the surface you're applying it to. The application instructions make it very clear that it's to be used on notably rusted surfaces, and not just as a coating on cleanish metals.

A quick google search regarding POR-15 gave me this from another forum:

"I have used both POR15 and the Eastwood copy. I find the POR15 adheres well and virtually nothing will remove it. The Eastwood product came right off the floor plug covers when I tightened the screws down."

Needless to say, it depends.

i have 5qt. of 6qts. of POR still. cleaned with their cleaner and etched. it peeled in large sheets off of clean metal.

Cant apply to bare metal or you get your result. I have good results with por15. I been using this stuff for years. I have always used their metal ready product for prepping.