Cts-v

Forrest Gump 9

Well, last Sunday i went to the track and ran another PB on my E55. i got to run 5 times and four out of the five times was sub 11.5s and 125+ mph. With it being the last day of the year the track officials let me off with warning. But im very sure next year i will not allow to run with the proper safety equipments. So time to move on to the next vehicle. Cadillac CTS-V had been on my radar for a while. Being lsx engine and available with manual tranny. But what to choose?

Should I buy a pre 2009 Cts-v and mod it or just buy a '09 Cts-v that already have the SC and mod it? I want to get the manual tranny but this will be a family vehicle I may get the AT tranny. How strong/reliable is the AT tranny once the car modded? Thank you CR GM crews!

talk to buzz on here---his is modded. mine is a thunder gray metallic 2010. i have a catback on mine, as well as the "3 car seat in the back row" mod. the recaro seats are incredible. i would definitely go with the auto, if this is going to be a family car. some of the '09's had issues where the tranny fluid was not full enough, causing early failure--covered under warranty. plenty of guys on the cadillac forum running pulleyed automatics with zero issues.

my car only has 13k miles on it, but i got the rear end replaced due to a minor amount of gear whine at 40mph. kind of picky, but oh well. i've had no other issues other than a flat tire which was entirely my fault. i love the auto. admittedly, i'm not the best at launching/shifting a manual--but i'd have a tough time beating my v to 60mph in my vette.

hell even my kids love the car

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1788/dsc00257lv.jpg

only gripe i have with this car is the gas tank is about 5 gallons too small. i average roughly 14.5mpg driving almost all city. the tank is way too small.

best part about this car is that its an lsx---if you blow the motor, it doesn't cost $28k to replace

^^^^^mine will soon have two car seats ;)

I know the 09+ will be fast right out the box. But knowing me I will start messing with it and try to make it faster. So what if I got an '06 and throw a blower on it or even turbos. What would make more sense?

definitely the '09+

my buddy has an ls6 cts-v with the manual. sure, its fast, good interior, etc.--but no comparison to the newer style--i could take his car with my stock GTO. sure, you can add a blower to the older V. i'd rather take the '09 with the existing blower, and the powertrain warranty. i have a rule about modding cars that i expect to drive long distances with young children in. plus, the magnetic ride suspension is incredible. there's a reason why this car has earned the praise that it has. if you want 550 rwhp you can get there with a pulley/tune, and have your reliability too