concrete repairs and pella window repairs

AWW$HEEET

2 questions, looking at a house.

1. concrete walkway leading to the front door is kinda messed up. its not cracked, rather the sections are either sunk, or raised, leaving it all kind of jagged. the sections are probably no more than 2-3 inches in variance. rather than repour, can you raise or lower sections, and fill below them with gravel/filler to get them to the desired height?

2. place has some nice pella windows, the ones that use the hand crank to open. the hand crank seems kinda stripped out on a few that i tried, is this fixable or will it necessitate new windows? anyone had this happen?

2 questions, looking at a house.

1. concrete walkway leading to the front door is kinda messed up. its not cracked, rather the sections are either sunk, or raised, leaving it all kind of jagged. the sections are probably no more than 2-3 inches in variance. rather than repour, can you raise or lower sections, and fill below them with gravel/filler to get them to the desired height?

^^ Yes. Start by PM'ing Sam. I have no doubt he'll fix you up.

2. place has some nice pella windows, the ones that use the hand crank to open. the hand crank seems kinda stripped out on a few that i tried, is this fixable or will it necessitate new windows? anyone had this happen?

^^ Call Pella locally. We have their windows which have a 25yr warranty. They've been great. Yours might be covered too.

^^ Yes. Start by PM'ing Sam. I have no doubt he'll fix you up.

^^ Call Pella locally. We have their windows which have a 25yr warranty. They've been great. Yours might be covered too.

Well, I cannot find shit on the concrete, but it seems the pella windows issue is with the "window operator". Rather than do something easy like build replacement gears, you have to replace the operators, to the tune of $115 a piece. Multiply by about 5 to 10 windows and thats a nice lil butt rape.

*edit* is your warranty transferable?

Well, I cannot find shit on the concrete, but it seems the pella windows issue is with the "window operator". Rather than do something easy like build replacement gears, you have to replace the operators, to the tune of $115 a piece. Multiply by about 5 to 10 windows and thats a nice lil butt rape.

*edit* is your warranty transferable?

I won't speak for Sam as to what he can do or not do or recommends. I can say everyone around me has used the system that drills a hole in the sidewalk, pumps in a mixture of stuff to raise up the existing platform to level and it works perfectly. The only thing you'll see is a circular filled spot on the surface where the material looks new.

Warranty wise on the windows, ours is transferrable. tt. them about the gears. I bet they cover them.