Farkas

AWW$HEEET

I thought about buying it, but can't bring myself to for the price he wants.

Then someone like you doesn't need to own a car like that.

let me break it down for you:

The '83, which is the hardest year to get ahold of in the TE-chassis, goes for 2-3k easily... IF you can even find it without rust, or anywhere even near the mid-west.

Blacktop motorset ~$1,500-1,800

Harness conversion ~$300-600

RWD conversion ~$500-900

Do the math... more than the asking price, already.

Which, also, doesn't include everything else aftermarket, such as:

Headers

Exhaust

Radiator

Wheels

Gauges

Cage

Bucket Seat

Coilovers

etc.

...retard.

The '83, which is the hardest year to get ahold of in the TE-chassis, goes for 2-3k easily... IF you can even find it without rust, or anywhere even near the mid-west.

RWD conversion ~$500-900

Headers

Exhaust

Radiator

Wheels

Gauges

Cage

Bucket Seat

Coilovers

etc.

...retard.

Not sure if pissed or just pissed. Clean car, not my style but sweet none the less.

Not sure if pissed or just pissed. Clean car, not my style but sweet none the less.

Not really pissed, but people fail to realize classic Toyotas aren't Hondas.

Dealers haven't carried OE parts since the early 90's, so even if you find superseding replacement parts or old stock, you're paying an astronomic price.

You can't really find parts in the junkyard unless you live out west, or in Japan. And even then, the fuckers REFUSE to fucking ship.

Oh, and just as claimed: TOYOTAS HOLD VALUE. Finding someone willing to sell their car is one thing, getting them to sell it cheap, is another.

RWD conversion ~$500-900

Headers

Exhaust

Radiator

Wheels

Gauges

Cage

Bucket Seat

Coilovers

etc.

...retard.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. In fact I asked about it apparently right after you sold it. I've watched it change hands a couple times, and the car just seems to be getting whored around and the price keeps getting inflated. Besides the fact It would be a PITA to find interior pieces for that car, and I'm not all about gutted cars, I'd like one that my kids can ride along in if they please. But yeah, you're right, I'm probably a retard. You changed my mind I'm gonna go buy it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. In fact I asked about it apparently right after you sold it. I've watched it change hands a couple times, and the car just seems to be getting whored around and the price keeps getting inflated. Besides the fact It would be a PITA to find interior pieces for that car, and I'm not all about gutted cars, I'd like one that my kids can ride along in if they please. But yeah, you're right, I'm probably a retard. You changed my mind I'm gonna go buy it.

:no: