2006 cherokee blower motor

Stimmel1647545512

Just replaced the blower motor resistor in my moms 2006 cherokee with a 3.7 it was only working on the highest settings for a few months now and then the blower motor kinda started making a odd sound then yesterday it totally stopped working, put a new resistor in it today switched around the relay and the mini fuse related to the problem now it has nothing

any ideas?

blower motor take a crap completely?

if you can take it out try turning it by hand, if it was making kind of a squealing sound it sounds to me like the bearings in the motor prolly went bad and the whole motor needs replaced, or you could try taking the motor out and find which pins to put 12v and ground to and see if it works that way.

• 3 weeks later...

I would pull the fan out and inspect.. If the "blades" turn easy, I would hook direct power to the plug in, and see if it turns on..

You checked the 40amp HVAC blower fuse?

sounds to me like it took a crap.. You could also get a volt meter and put it on the harness going into the blower motor..