School me on the Pontiac Solstice.

starkmaster03

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanna race a stock audi ?

:dumb:

SRSLY: Can't wait to see it, think they are cool as shit.

In my research I found that this is supposed to be the highest HP per liter engine put into any production GM car. 130HP per liter. I'm sure there is something out there but don't care to search.

For you Jones, it is direct injected and has no turbo lag.

In my research I found that this is supposed to be the highest HP per liter engine put into any production GM car. 130HP per liter. I'm sure there is something out there but don't care to search.

DI = WIN

Love to see it. I think the MS3 would have fun.

One thing to keep in mind: The ECU monitors the engine torque output. So if you mod it without an accompanying ECU tune, the computer will compensate for the mods and do its best to return you to stock power.

But who mods a modern turbo car without a tune these days? :dumb:

Partially true.

If it is stock yes. However with GM stage 1 installed you.

1 Maintain your 100k powertrain warranty

2 bump it to about 290 hp

3 bump it to about 315 ftlbs

4 remove the trq learn down

5 enable NLS which the slowbalt and hhr came with.

6 its kind of a no brainer. lol

Stage 1 is a no-brainer. It gets you a higher range MAP sensor (better for tuning if you up the boost or swap turbos), and you get NLS. You can buy the MAP with a plug and play harness from crate engine depot for cheap, then d/l the stage tune from the HPT repository.

Stage 1 is a no-brainer. It gets you a higher range MAP sensor (better for tuning if you up the boost or swap turbos), and you get NLS. You can buy the MAP with a plug and play harness from crate engine depot for cheap, then d/l the stage tune from the HPT repository.

You can do that but it would negate the warranty. If that was something you wanted to keep.

ZERO LAG.

sorry, I had to. Cool cars for sure, apparently they can take a 2jz too, seems like a good buy.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93658&highlight=2jz+solstice

Anyone with thoughts on the daily-ablility of a 2jz solstice?

should be obtainable, no?

It would be front heavy but would make amazing noises. It sounds like the daily drivability of his car is intact. With such a short wheelbase it would make for an interesting ride when you cross the boost threshold.

As AC66Bronco said, you can make really good power with just a turbo swap, an intercooler, and meth injections. Stock engine, stock fuel system (you can swap the in-tank pump with a GMT900 if you have fueling issues during LONG WOT pulls), and a reflash with HPTuners. 450-500 HP is no unheard of with this short list of mods.

I haven't quite kept up with ZZP, but the Cobalt's will put out more power to the wheels. I would be skeptical of 400 HP out of the stock turbo. It runs out of steam up top and the exhaust side is very restrictive (why it spools so well). I swapped the compressor wheel on one for a GT2868HTA wheel and only gained ~15 hp on the top end. The exhaust side was just too restrictive and I didn't want to clip the turbine wheel and sacrifice spool. Project abandoned. (This was on a Cobalt owned by one of Trifecta's tuners and they spent quite some time trying to get the most out of it.)

I would do an intercooler upgrade, meth injection, and play with the tune. When you get bored with that upgrade the turbo. The EFR is really the only way to go, IMO.

Partially true.

If it is stock yes. However with GM stage 1 installed you.

1 Maintain your 100k powertrain warranty

2 bump it to about 290 hp

3 bump it to about 315 ftlbs

4 remove the trq learn down

5 enable NLS which the slowbalt and hhr came with.

6 its kind of a no brainer. lol

Are you sure about enabling the NLS? I've heard about the others but not about the NLS.

I already have EFI Live so I just need to buy another Vin license and see if I can find a DL for that.

Are you sure about enabling the NLS? I've heard about the others but not about the NLS.

Reasonably.

I remember seeing threads on roadster forums about ppl bitching because the FWD LNF got the NLS and Launch Control.

IIRC NLS and LC is enabled with the GM reflash on the kappa's

Besides I wouldnt do it to much and deff wouldnt recomend doing it if your anything other than stage 1. I had it detonate on me once due to a fucked up shift. you have to be quick. Not to mention the stock k04 is small and spools fast anyway. and IIRC you only save like .6 of a second in the 1320