Freeze dried meals

87GT

Anyone have any first time experience with eating these Freeze dried meals? I want to start buying some for if the SHTF. I've seen mountain house, wise foods, and your normal MREs. Is there any brand I should stay away from? Also is there a company that makes energy bars for long term storage? I normally eat 1 Clif bar a day.

I hate to say this but Walmart sometimes has decent prices on the mountain house. Also a good way to try a flavor out see if you like it.

Something else to keep in mind. Most of the freeze dried food are vegetarian meals. The "chicken,pork,meat" flavors are artificial. Most of meals are made out of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textured_vegetable_protein

I hate to say this but Walmart sometimes has decent prices on the mountain house. Also a good way to try a flavor out see if you like it.

Something else to keep in mind. Most of the freeze dried food are vegetarian meals. The "chicken,pork,meat" flavors are artificial. Most of meals are made out of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textured_vegetable_protein

Walmart I hate them so much I won't shop there. I don't care if soy is used. This would be for survival anyway not camping/hiking trips. Lots of protein plus no fat = awesome.

Anyone have any first time experience with eating these Freeze dried meals? I want to start buying some for if the SHTF. I've seen mountain house, wise foods, and your normal MREs. Is there any brand I should stay away from? Also is there a company that makes energy bars for long term storage? I normally eat 1 Clif bar a day.

Survival tactics has a foil wrapped 9 pack of bars that's good for 5 years or so. I think it was $15. If i had to guess I would say they are going to taste like shit though. They also have a rack of freeze dried food there too.