deer meat

AWW$HEEET

I think you have to know someone who hunts and is willing to participate in an informal transaction. I think...correct me someone if I'm wrong...that it is illegal to just sell deer meat. I've heard of butchers gettting busted for it.

Yes it's illegal.

Giant Eagle in UA sells farm raised venison, but it is expensive as hell (like $14/lb)

You can also order roasts and sausage from Cabelas

Yeah Rienschield's in Lancaster was just charged with felonies and shut down for selling venison. When I get sausage made at Perfects, it has "NOT FOR SALE" written on the packaging

Have a friend shoot a deer. Have friend give you meat. Ohh, and when you get the meat from him, didn't you owe him some money for doing some work on your car? Knock two errands out at once.

You get deer meat. He gets paid for the work done on your car. Everybody wins.

Have a friend shoot a deer. Have friend give you meat. Ohh, and when you get the meat from him, didn't you owe him some money for doing some work on your car? Knock two errands out at once.

You get deer meat. He gets paid for the work done on your car. Everybody wins.

They aren't going to come after an individual giving his buddy some meat. The problems with butchers doing it is that they all have to be USDA certified and they are selling non certified meat.

They aren't going to come after an individual giving his buddy some meat. The problems with butchers doing it is that they all have to be USDA certified and they are selling non certified meat.

bingo. you can trade your buddies cash for meat all you want.

(that doesnt sound quite right lol)

I've seen little carryout places in the hocking hills selling deer meat every now and then, but those mom & pop shops do things differently.

Or...

Just drive around for an hour or two late at night and hit one. Get police report, take to butcher, success! Let me know if you need some advice on where to run one down.

I've seen little carryout places in the hocking hills selling deer meat every now and then, but those mom & pop shops do things differently.
Those are the shops that have been getting busted the past few years. Like when you get sausage, it has to have over a certain % of your meat in the batch. Some of the shops that were busted were merely selling sausage to people who were dropping deer off to be processed, so like a 1 for 1 trade.

You can get it at the North Market, but like someone mentioned about Giant Eagle, it is pretty expensive for what you get. What they can sell is farm raised deer, which has been ok'd by the USDA.

Next best thing to to ask someone that does hunt and has extra.

Yeah Rienschield's in Lancaster was just charged with felonies and shut down for selling venison. When I get sausage made at Perfects, it has "NOT FOR SALE" written on the packaging

+1 Same here. My brother in law works at pefects and we usually get sausage from his personal deer. That shit is like crack.