Trailblazer SS

3.1cutlass

Fixed and I was going to say the same. Overall the Saab is much nicer better interior and headlights. I'm sure Grant will chime in about his.

I did not even know this existed!! Looking into them now.

EDIT: Just looked at them and I like them a lot better and they are in my price range. Anybody know anything about issues with them?

I did not even know this existed!! Looking into them now.

EDIT: Just looked at them and I like them a lot better and they are in my price range. Anybody know anything about issues with them?

Considering its a rebadged Failblazer, probably everything already mentioned in this thread.

Soo I have been looking at these in Two and Four wheel drive both. Anything to look out for? Years to avoid? Anybody own or owned one? I think it would be a great middle ground between hauling stuff and hauling ass.

Sell you my 2008 9-7x aero.

28K miles. 10 year 100k mile warranty

Mine was a bore to drive and the 4L65E was stupid. It was decently quick, but just... Boring. And that trans SUCKS. You want to pass someone? Ok, give it just a little throttle and... BAM! Fucker drops 2 gears and ROARS. Which would be cool, if that's what you intended and you weren't passing granny on the freeway next to a OHP. Also, be prepared for wind noise. Granted, it was quieter inside than my GF's Tribute, but it still sounded like the doors were being sucked off above 80, or in a cross wind. Also, the stereo on mine went all schizo. On occasion it would play the power windows thru the stereo. Or the turn signal. Or the friggin ENGINE! I had the stereo off a lot. Dealership couldn't duplicate the issue. And at ~71k the power steering rack EXPLODED. Thank God for cool Service Managers. Oh, and I had my paycheck setup to be direct deposited into the fuel tank. I never had any drivetrain issues, and the seats were comfy (I love my butt warmers!) It just had a bunch of stupid little problems. Except the steering rack, that was pretty serious.

Enjoy yours.:dumb:

The trans isn't that stupid. A good tune will fix some of the trans issues you talk about. I have my trans shifting like butter and i spent about 5 minutes with my tune. I agree about it needs more gears though.

I have only had the truck in for a front sway bar bushing replacement. Other than the wind noise in the doors it has been an awesome truck.

The only reason i want to get rid of it because im ready to jump to a Range Rover or X5.

http://www.champautogroup.com/vehicle-details/977edd83c2fba049a065e586a3b2c2d3/default.html

Q:

Would you enjoy a lifted grand am, complete with 4 speed automatic w/ LSX Swap ?

If so, the trailblazer is for you!

I disagree...The interior if its still in mint Shape is Fine in these. Nothing overboard, ust clean and well layed out to me. I agree, the 4 Spd. Sucks....Should have been a 6.

The AWD cars are prone to transmission and t-case failures. Fuel pump sending units are an issue from time to time, the defrost connections on the rear glass go bad in 50% of them, the air bag sensors for load leveling are prove to fail as well. The engine is solid. They get bad fuel economy.

I owned a 2wd model, fun truck, useful to tow, but not overly practical for my usage.

I also disagree with you....The transfer cases are nearly bulletproof...The front diff is the weak point IMO. Ive ran nearly 500HP all last year and now Over 600 through both my stock Transfer and Diff, and its still kicking it. The leveling issue is far and few between...Nothing changed iin any year for these.I do agree with some earlier models having random Side Airbag deployments, although my 06 has been fine and Ive done some shit in it.

I would rather have a trailblazer than a Saab.
Exact same trucks....Only styling differences in and out. Driveline is identical.

The trans isn't that stupid. A good tune will fix some of the trans issues you talk about. I have my trans shifting like butter and i spent about 5 minutes with my tune. I agree about it needs more gears though.

I have only had the truck in for a front sway bar bushing replacement. Other than the wind noise in the doors it has been an awesome truck.

The only reason i want to get rid of it because im ready to jump to a Range Rover or X5.

http://www.champautogroup.com/vehicle-details/977edd83c2fba049a065e586a3b2c2d3/default.html

Yup....Trans is easily chagable and really changes it up. SOme have the wind noise and some dont, but there is a way to tighten the doors up to get rid of it, although unconventiional. Mine does not have the noise......SO its never been an Issue to me.

And as far as AWD vs RWD, that depends on two factors if you ask me.

1. DO you want to daily it, and leave it nearly stock?

2. Are you going to do any heavy upgrades to it.

If yes to 1, AWD.

If yes to 2, RWD.....Cheaper to modify and get to hook.

i also love our tbss. we have never had a issue with it. its an 09 2wd. wife gets around 15mpg in it, i used to use it to pull my car before i had my truck and it did great with that. i also like the clean simple interior but im an fbody guy what do i know about interior. i have also never noticed any excessive wind noise either. the tq management on the stock trans tune really sucks ass but that can be fixed. to me i would think the awd could be boring since i like sliding the thing around alot but would be nice in the winter