Blue Oval Insanity

wagner

Cool, but sure as shit didn't "seem" like it was making 3k HP.

Umm did you not watch the entire video? At the end the show the breakdown of the RPM, boost, HP, and TQ. Looks like to me it makes 3k...

A lot of those big block pro mod style motors don't seem like they are making 3k. Hell if you are standing down track you can hardly hear their burnout.

School me on why this is impressive? I mean yes 3000 hp cars are cool but I wouldn't call it insanity. I saw Mike Murillo's 3000 hp twin turbo 541 was at SEMA 2007. Why is a bigger motor 4 years later making comparable power insane?

Mike Murrillo's '93 Fox Body

School me on why this is impressive? I mean yes 3000 hp cars are cool but I wouldn't call it insanity. I saw Mike Murillo's 3000 hp twin turbo 541 was at SEMA 2007. Why is a bigger motor 4 years later making comparable power insane?

Mike Murrillo's '93 Fox Body

Is that car a leaf spring, small tire, 60's mustang?

I am sure there are a lot of other things but this is just what I see off the top of my head. There are guys having a hard time getting a car with a 4 link down track with this much power, this guy is going to do it on leaf springs.

I would assume it is a 4 link. His 90's mustang is a 10.5 outlaw car. Do they run 4 link for that? I don't pay enough attention to the pros or classes. I thought this was just about the power out of the motor.

I would say if he is running that class it is a 4 link, most outlaw 10.5 guys run that. I am not sure if this is an apples to apples because of the turbos, CI, and other factors.

Either way they are both impressive cars, but you have to be out of your tree to put that much power to a set of leaf springs. My brother's car makes around 400 and it just lights the tires up.