Amazon dropped the ball, good recovery.

Mojoe

If you have read any other reviews I've written, boots and Cycle Search, I'm pretty particular about the service I want. As a customer, I expect to be taken care of and get my money's worth. Don't we all? But now and then I run into companies that go beyond, stay tuned for a new Cycle Search review, what I expect and it's note worthy to tell others. CR is where I choose to put this info out.

Cliffs at the bottom.

On the 15th, I placed and order containing 22 small items. Weather stripping was the main thing in the order, as it is getting cold here in Afghanistan. The other items were funny stickers just to mess with my troops and have some fun here. Total order, about $70. So the order gets broken up into about 12 different orders due to several venders for the stickers. Not a problem, I understand. Soon I get several email confirmations saying my items have shipped from several venders. But, they all are shipping to my billing address, in Ohio. WTF? If I hit the wrong address, I would own that mistake, but another soldier and I were doing this order and we said “make sure it sends here" and I clicked the right address.

So I email customer service what had happened and was nice about it. I asked what the options to make this right were. Their reply, "return the items". Are you fucking kidding me!!!? Later that day, I get another email confirmation that an item from that order shipped to the wrong address from a different vender. I email again, stating they must not have even bothered to look at my whole order and to problem continues. 3 days go by and not even a reply. This shit gets to me. I have bought dozens of things from Amazon in the last 6 months and everything has gone great. All my xmas shopping is in the wish list ready to send for xmas. I have really liked doing business with them.

So I email them again out of pure frustration and think it's going nowhere. After all, they already blew me off. I state my case and am very thorough with details. I add that maybe someone new will be reading this and want to retain a customer by show any sort of effort to correct this issue.

A few hours later I get an email from them. Very apologetic and refunding me for the cost of all weather stripping items. I get that. That's a make sense move, and a great effort in my eyes. It's not that it was the money. As a customer, I felt burned by their mistake and that they didn't care.

Had I not written the 3rd email, nothing would have come of this. Sometimes it's worth it to not let it go and hold people accountable for doing things right.

I find a lot of hard to find items on Amazon, at a good price. Glad to be able to continue to do business with them.

Cliffs:

Screwed up my order.

Blew me off for customer service.

Emailed a third time with WTF and show me some effort to keep my business.

Good refund and happy with the outcome.

Persistence can make a difference.

Sometimes being persistent even though we feel it shouldn't be necessary is needed. That irks me to hell though with Amazon, I get things in my cart all excited only to choose my address over here in Afghanistan to have half the order not being able to be shipped over here argh!

Had myself a similar experience with 1800 flowers and had a more then generous correction from them when it was their shipper (UPS) who messed up.

Just had an issue with them as well. I never got what I purchased and it took forever to get ahold of the right person but they did give me my money back without much question. Great place to buy stuff but if you ever need to speak with someone good luck

Sometimes being persistent even though we feel it shouldn't be necessary is needed. That irks me to hell though with Amazon, I get things in my cart all excited only to choose my address over here in Afghanistan to have half the order not being able to be shipped over here argh!

I know. They wouldn't send a dumbbell set here. Said the warranty wasn't covered from here. WTF?

Just had an issue with them as well. I never got what I purchased and it took forever to get ahold of the right person but they did give me my money back without much question. Great place to buy stuff but if you ever need to speak with someone good luck

I can absolutely see it being that way. Frustrating.